Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT Dose  (Read 3664 times)

moonbeam121167

HRT Dose
« on: August 15, 2015, 01:02:57 PM »

Hi been on 2 x 100mcg patches for a while but was not feeling very well, last Monday I came out in hives , so I took the patches off and now been off them for 5 days and feeling a bit better, not much of a foggy head, a little nausea, as appose to alot, but have noticed last night my hot flushes are creeping back, before the patches I was on Zumenon 4mg, came off them as I also have IBS, tomorrow I am going to go back on HRT but a smaller dose but not sure whether to use the pills again or stay with just one 100mcg patch, every one on here always thought the dose I was on was very high and I do think now it is, anyone nice lady out there offer some advice please  :)

honeybun

Re: HRT Dose
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »

You are right ....we all thought your dose was very high.

I would use just one patch. Less chance then of tummy troubles which you don't need.

Hopefully that will be enough to deal with symptoms but not give you the awful nausea that you've had for so long.

Let us know how you go.

Honeybun
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »

Honeybun, would you stick to the patches , cause to be honest I felt worse on the 2 patches than I was when I was on 4mg pills, but as I intend to stay on HRT for a long time the patch is a safer option, so why was it I felt worse on the 2 patches !!

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »

moonbeam, do you mind if I ask why you are not using gel?  I used to use the oestrogen patches (75mg) and broke out in hives.  Admittedly I was in Spain and the temperature was the usual 35 degrees in the summer but it happened a few times. 

I have since changed to the gel which works far better and it has not happened since.  I found that the patches gave me an itch, didn't stick very well and I was not getting enough oestrogen into my system.  I don't get on with oral HRT either, I find they don't work very well and they give me indigestion so that could also be part of the problem you are having.

Hope that helps.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »

Well you have said you feel better apart from the flushes since you took off the patches.

Two patches was an unusually high amount so if you try one patch and your nausea doesn't return then you will know you have been using too much.

You could give the gel a go but it's less convenient that patches but more easy to tweak.

Honeybun
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »

Hi have some gel, was told at the time to use a pump in morning and 1 at night but thats was to top up my patch, how much would I need alone x

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 04:15:06 PM »

A young GP told me I need 6mg oestrogen so I started on that, few days later surgery rang frantic saying 2mg is max !

I noticed when moving from pill to patch I don't need the full patch so I cut mine, I'm sure the patch delivers the oestrogen stronger than the pill

Annie xx

dazned

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »

Patch delivers it directly into system whereas pill form gets broken down in the liver so patch is stronger I believe.

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

The usual gel dose is either two or three pumps every day.  Best way to find a suitable level is trial and error.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »

Hi

shall I try 1 or 2 pumps to start and go from there x

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »

Moonbeam in my opinion (and experience) better to work your way up the dose than overload to start with

Annie xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »

Hi I will, I am going to use a pump in morning and 1 at night, for a week or so and hoping and praying I will feel good and wont need no more, at the moment I feel pretty much like I use to do before all this menopause stuff started , so thats pray xx