Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: new here  (Read 1117 times)

peripenguin

new here
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »

Hi, I just joined after months of the doctors guessing at different health problems and have come to the conclusion it's all to do with the menopause.

I get tingling in my upper arms, occasionally in my upper lip as well and strange kind of involuntary deep breaths every now and then. I missed a period back in the spring and haven't had one this month either, it's 6 weeks overdue now which is a pleasant relief. The GP has suggested that it is stress related but it happens even when I am feeling relaxed, though it did go away completely when we were on holiday and came back when we got home, though I wasn't back at work as I've  had a month off :)

Does anybody else get like this?

PeriPenguin

SadLynda

Re: new here
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

Hi Peripenguin, love that name  :welcomemm:

Not symptoms I have had, but many here share mine and sure others here will share yours too.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »

Hi and welcome Peripenquin
Sounds like early stages of peri meno to me. Read up all the info on this site and keep posting to get support.
Do tell us more about yourself - age etc?
DG x

peripenguin

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
I'm in my late forties so I'm at the age for it unfortunately. My GP has been supportive with their time but they have given me the impression that they are guessing at one thing after another as they seem to say something different each time I go. They now tell me it's stress but I wasn't at all stressed until I started getting their multiple diagnoses for it. One briefly mentioned the menopause but then went off on to a different idea. I'm going back in a few weeks and will see what their latest idea is.

Glad you like the name.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 05:20:51 PM »

Hi peripenguin

:welcomemm:

Yes if you are late 40's and have started missing the odd period then you could be in early peri-menopause. Now is the time to make sure you are in good health - re diet, exercise, stress, sleep, alcohol etc as you enter this next stage of your life!

You will find lots of help and support on here.

Hurdity x