Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Want to try Vagifem but....  (Read 4638 times)

Chi chi

Want to try Vagifem but....
« on: August 13, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »

Will prof stud prescribe it for me?
I mainly want to try it for bladder issues I.e. Always needing the toilet/urge incontinence  ???
Not really sure if I'm "dry" down there or not? How do we measure this  ??? Plus it looks like I'm starting with uti's

What or are there any requirements for being prescribed it?
Thanks in advance   :)

Annie0710

Re: Want to try Vagifem but....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

I got it prescribed for recurrent uti's, some days I just couldn't pee and was in pain, as one infection went on came another, I've not had one uti since using vagifem

Annie xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:45:16 PM »

Ask your GP!  Go along and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment, I use Ovestin1mg and other ladies use Vagifem.  It can be prescribed by your Surgery.  Don't let them fob you off with urine 'infection' although they may want to send a urine sample to a Lab. to see whether it 'grows' bugs.

Initially one uses the product prescribed every night for 2 weeks then every 3 and 5/6th night, i.e. twice a week.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »

I had several years of treatment for thrush and cystitis.  since using vagifem for the last 4 years I have not had one single bout of either  :)

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »

Thanks  :) I've emailed him, hopefully he'll reply soon  ::)

Sarai

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »

I've been thinking the same thing. But main issue is nighttime weeing, I go more at night than in the day. I often feel like Im getting thrush but dont.
Does it help night time weeing?

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »

oh yes and if not you can use vagifem internally and estriol cream externally and don't let your doctor tell you that you can't  ;)

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

I'm the same! At least once/twice a night. In the day it could be 2/3 times an hour! I always "go" before we go out anywhere so I don't get caught out but always end up having to go again once we get to wherever  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »

when I had to go to the continence clinic for bladder training I was taught to try and wait an extra 5 minutes once I feel the need to go.  Then an extra 10 minutes and so on.  Apparently if you always go the minute you feel the need, and 'just in case' like before you go out, your bladder gets lazy and doesn't fill up fully before telling you to empty it.  When I was a child I was always made to 'try and squeeze another drop' before going out anywhere and this habit stuck for years.

It was tricky but it did help.  Now I don't always have to go when I first feel the need to  :)

Sarai

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »

I went for bladder training too. Taught the same, I can go hours in the day without going but as I wake every hour at night i just have to go I cant just lie there.
Will vagifem help that, does anybody know.

SadLynda

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »

I'm told it might Sarai.

Same here folks, not 'as' bad in the day but I can be up every hour some nights.  Its on my list for Monday Appointment :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »

We are supposed to produce a hormone in the night to stop the production of urine so checking that you haven't problems there and that it is meno related might be important.

Chi chi

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »

Do you know what the hormone is CLKD?

Sarai

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »

Just going to ask that Estelle.
I was put on anticholenergics last year for this issue but hated them, only lasted 6 days. Then it got better now its worse again, every hour.

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »

I had Vesicare but it gave me bad acid indigestion.  I use it very occasionally if I am travelling as you never know where the loos are on a journey. 

It is also strange but if you don't drink enough it can make you feel as though you want to 'go' as the urine becomes stronger and stings making it feel as though you want to go when you don't really.
Pages: [1] 2