Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does anyone feel ill on Premique Low dose tablets  (Read 8030 times)

dap5645

Does anyone feel ill on Premique Low dose tablets
« on: August 13, 2015, 11:44:01 AM »

Hi, Been on Premique tablets for three weeks now and every morning I've been waking up feeling really poorly, bad headache, dizziness, all in all just feeling horrible. Takes ages to come round. But at same time that I started with Premique I think I had sinusitis coming on. But can't make my mind up if it's still sinus or the tablets. Just off work at moment so need to get feeling better for the 20th. Has anyone else felt like this on Premique or had similar feelings on HRT. Does it take some time to get adjusted to? xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does anyone feel ill on Premique Low dose tablets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »

:welcomemm:  …… is this the latter part of HRT?  Have a search for the product which will bring up threads …. white in blue box top of page  ;)

dap5645

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 04:20:43 PM »

HI CLKD, thanks for replying. Will look at threads. Don't quite understand what you mean with is it the latter part of HRT. Been post menopausal for five years ( I'm 56). Thought I'd gone through menopause okay until two years being post menopausal got UTI attacks eventually got diagnosed with vaginal atrophy and to be honest suffered with it now for three years. Feeling depressed most of the time and just unwell in general. Been on patches first, bled after five months, then went on Vagifem, this gave me thrush all the time. Now on Premique just hoping this works. But at present just feel groggy all the time and lethargic. In a morning I get up and feel like I have a hangover. to be honest I feel like I have a permanent hangover haha!!. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. Take care. x   

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 05:37:43 PM »

Thanks for the explanation.  Some ladies react to progesterone part of HRT but you are on something else.

How about Ovestin1mg instead of Vagifem as some ladies find that the 'package' can irritate rather than the product.  Sometimes ladies need to use Vagifem with another type of HRT or use the Vagifem more often.

I take Betablockas and these make me feel hung over some mornings, especially if I have very busy, involved, long dreams  ::).  If it ain't 1 thing it's another  >:(   ;)

dap5645

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »

I know what you mean haha!. Keep explaining to my husband I don't feel right in my head or anywhere in my body. He laughs and says Dee you've never been right in your head. It's part of the attraction. He's lovely about all this. Just feel like a hypochondriac and I'm not. You see I didn't know that I wasn't on proper HRT until this Premique. Thought the patches and vagifem were full blown HRT until my Doctor who is great said shall we try proper HRT. I smoke as well. So cutting my cigs down to less than six a day. Hope you feel well at the minute xx   

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »

Well done on cutting back on the smokes!  Don't deny yourself otherwise your brain will home in on not being able to smoke  ::)

Apart from anxiety I am doing quite well,  :thankyou:

bramble

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 06:03:29 PM »

Hello Dap,
I was on low dose Premique for a few years and felt fine on it. Do you think you may have a bug of some description? I would give it a few more weeks yet and see how it goes.
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »

I had sinusitis - it was like having a hang over for no reason: if I tried to bend forwards it was PAINFUL across my forehead and cheek bones below the eyes. 

dap5645

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 06:12:48 PM »

Hi bramble, yes I could possibly have a bug or sinusitis. The thing is for the last year I never know if I've caught something or if it's the types of HRT that I've been on. Thanks for your advice I will stay on it longer. I really want it to work. Hope you are okay. Take care. xx

dap5645

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

Hi CLKD, Yes that's how I'm feeling. Really tired though xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »

Hormones can cause tiredness, 'crashing fatigue' is well known!

dap5645

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »

Hope you feel better with your anxiety soon CLKD x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »

:thankyou:  it's background but can take over  :-\

dap5645

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »

So does crashing fatigue eventually go away haha!!. Look after yourself x

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 07:48:36 PM »

Hi dap5645

Not sure what other types of HRT you have been on? If only Vagifem then this is topical or local oestrogen - because it is only applied in the vaginal and not absorbed systemically (ie into the bloodstream). If you have been using patches then if these were Evorel or Femseven then this is most definitely proper HRT and not sure why you have changed because these contain estradiol ( bio-identical to our own oestrogen) whereas Premique contains horse oestrogens so is somewhat alien to our bodies. Some women do react adversely to this type of tablet and some women also find some of the synthetic progestogens have the same effect ( hang-over). I find progesterone ( taken as part of HRT) has this effect to some extent the longer I'm on it.

The trouble with continuous combined HRT is you have to take progestogen all thet ime - the alternative is to have a bleed - which is what I do ( at age 62) as do some other women.

You can use local oestrogen with patch HRT (as I and others do) - as CLKD says you could try Ovestin or Gynest cream instead of the Vagifem ( and as well as the "proper" ie systemic HRT). If you want to take a tablet then Femoston is well tolerated but patches would be a better bet at your age if you want to be on them longer term and especially if you smoke ( great stuff re cutting down - now see if you can give up completely!)

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2