Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: accentuating the positive  (Read 43943 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: accentuating the positive
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »

I bought new nickers last week  8)  -  slightly less 'old lady' ones in that they don't pull up under my rib cage  :D

OK - positives for 2-day: managed the eye appt. without anxiety; went shopping with DH without anxiety; been out with friends and fell asleep but they know not to wake me, feel rested ……. I could hear them vaguely in the background  ::)

As for the spider behind the loo, if it doesn't move it's probably no longer alive  ;D.
I can pick them up in a glass/cardboard these days and put them out ……. DH opens the front door and away we go  ;D
Hoovering them up is another way which is what we do with FLIES - is that a positive  :P

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »

By the way - I now have an ear-worm  ::)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:06 PM »

I'm in. Your subconscious can't tell the difference between truth/fiction so as you're drifting off to sleep keep repeating I am fine, I feel good, I am okay etc as you fall asleep.

It's meant to re program your subconscious so you wake feeling happier.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

A bit of CBT then?  Makes a change from counting sheep  ;)

'this too will pass' sometimes works for me if I have time to relax.

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 04:06:13 AM »

I'm in :) !

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »

Well ladies it's a lovely day, been up since 5.30 cleaning, my husband will definitely think I'm nuts, not done any cleaning for a long time, been leaving it all for him to do, happy Wednesday xx

jorainbow

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »

Morning! Beautiful sunshine here. In bed with a lovely cuppa. Chap off work today so planning on a trip out somewhere once the brake lights are fixed!!! Enjoy your day xx

Galadriel

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »

Count me in too.
Funnily enough, I was having a word with myself on the way to work this morning and decided to give the 'What if...' gremlin a boot up the butt as I'm fed up with its constant whining!!!
Today is the peak of the week, hubby is due home after being away for 3 days, and the sun is shining in a cloudless sky.

Galadriel x

babyjane

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »

, I was having a word with myself on the way to work this morning and decided to give the 'What if...' gremlin a boot up the butt as I'm fed up with its constant whining!!!

Love this ^

Count me in too, just told my husband I will go out tomorrow night for a meal, he's been asking for ages but I couldn't be bothered getting ready, now he deffo thinks I've lost the plot lol xx

That's it (penny drops).  For me I need to have the courage and the positivity to say 'yes' instead of 'no'.  I've been scared of anxiety, the unknown, the unexpected,, not being in control, bad things happening for so long.......the list is endless.  I've ended up in this safe little coccoon which is wrapping itself tighter and tighter around me.

Another thought that came to me is that if I have nothing nice to say then just be quiet  :-X

This is group therapy for anxiety I think.  On my own I lose the motivation but as soon as I read all the new posts here I felt re motivated.

My thought for today - nothing will be so bad that there is not a solution to it  :)

SadLynda

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »

wtg BJ, good for you :)

BIG positive for me today.  For months, infact most of this year.. I have not been able to take devil dog out (screwed up nutjob of a Labrador that hates everyone and thing when out).  Today, I did it!  I only took him round the big block with sausages and cream cheese at hand, but I did it.  I am very proud of myself and my confidence is soaring.  Next I am going 'shopping'...................

babyjane

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »

I am often afraid to voice how I feel due to childhood conditioning (very long boring saga) so by bottling it up it gets bigger and bigger.

Has anyone else noticed when asked how you are you are not really expected to tell the truth!  ::)

SadLynda would you consider behaviour therapy or advanced training for your dog.  He can't be very happy if he cannot enjoy his walks due to his issues.  Is he a rescue dog?  Labs are usually quite placid natured if a little excitable.  My husband's family has a history of labradors and we had one when we were first married. 

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:16 AM »

I'm reading this thread with interest - I've been trying to do this also!  I can't say I'm a glass half full or empty - somewhere in the middle maybe - just a glass lol.  I'm aware that recently I've been falling into negativity - pain does that I guess - but have already found that I'm feeling better being back at work - just talking to others does help!  Count me in!  My positive for today is that my new cushion - called "clever yellow" which I'm using because of my coccyx pain - does indeed give me some relief!  The only thing is that every time I get up the cushion "farts" much to everyone else's amusement so that's a good thing!! lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:03:25 AM by CJ-sleepless »

babyjane

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »

ohhhhh, that's what I always say  :(

reminds me of the whooppee cushions we used to put on people's chairs  ;D

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »

I'm guilty of the "I'm fine" - someone in the office actually looked at me yesterday and said "you're not fine though are you" - true, but sometimes someone saying that is enough to make you cry don't you find!!  So the "I'm fine" is sometimes a way of fending off the inevitable sympathy!

Went to the bargain store last night to try and find a cover for the clever yellow - as its leather - and a bit sweaty (you know what I mean!!)  I got chatting to a lady who was also looking at cushions and laughed her head off when I told her what I wanted - a cushion I could just remove the cover from - didn't want to spend much.  She found the whole thing hilarious for some reason - but looking at the positive I made someone laugh!

LW44

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »

count me in :-)
my postive for today is - off work. sun is shining so plan to sit in garden reading :-)  also my two children are with yheir dad in spain having a whale of a time so i can relax. and partner off work also so we get some qt xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15