Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: accentuating the positive  (Read 43945 times)

honeybun

Re: accentuating the positive
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2015, 08:32:05 AM »

I have broadband again today after a day without, so that is a big positive.
The sun is shining and I'm off to do my food shop which I positively hate  ;D

Onward and upwards today

Honeyb
x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »

Had a lovely day yesterday, had to push myself to go for a meal last night with the hubby, but really enjoyed it xx

babyjane

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2015, 09:04:35 AM »

I slept all night in our marital bed and only woke up once briefly.  don't know what that's all about but I feel great today as a result  :)

LellyM

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »

Hi folks,

I like this idea - I do try to be a positive person most of the time as I feel that being negative just makes things feel worse and doesn't change the outcome!

I find the different reactions to the M quite interesting. I hear of women who go into a downward spiral of "OMG I am no longer a woman.......". I guess I must be confident in my identity as my thoughts have been "Great, no more cramps and mess". I suppose it makes a difference if you are the maternal type. I never have been so maybe that makes it easier?

I have a close friend who is going through the same (we are the same age). We also both had surgery for ovarian cycts and have had our gall bladders removed. We have decided to be "Crones together". It is nice tho as we are closer than sisters and can talk to each other about ANYTHING.

Lx

Galadriel

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »

Today I am celebrating my DD getting into York University. She worked her socks off and I'm so proud of her.

I'm also eating freshly picked tomatoes from our garden and rhubarb stewed with cinnamon and ginger, also freshly picked from the garden.

I'm fortunate to have a great colleague at work who is exactly a year older than me (we share a birthday) and had a hysterectomy last year - we keep each other company with daft symptoms ;D

Galadriel x

SadLynda

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »

congrats Galadriel, great news.  Well done on your sleep BJ.

BJ - no we dont know his history, we were lied to by rescue.  Sparkle, we had 'normal' Labradors in the past too :)  CLKD, the muzzle is a bone of contention, I think he should have one DH disagree's, the dog doesnt bite but lunges and dives (given the chance), DH can handle him as he is very strong so takes him way out on the beach for running times, the Staffie has a lunge line every day.. she is fine but everyone is afraid of her due to her breed so I have to keep her on a line as she is so friendly.

Positives - took devil dog out on lead walk again :) AND, daughter had baby scan today and I am going to be grandmother to a girl :) AND her middle name is to be Lynda :) :)

babyjane

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »

congratulations to Galadriel's daughter and to your daughter Lynda.

I have had a lovely morning  :).  I found a smashing outfit for a wedding in 3 weeks time.  I found it by accident in Monsoon as I was all set to wear my outfit from daughter's wedding last year.  I am really excited about it now.   :gym:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »

Well done girls!

I've never met a bad Staffie yet and I'm getting on in years  ;D
Muzzles keep your dog safe.  It alerts passers by that there is a problem - I always approach an owner with a dog in a muzzle as they usually want to talk about it …….. and usually the dog is fine too when ignored  ;)

Today have been OK - is that positive enough?  ;)

Galadriel

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »

What lovely news SadLynda - you need a name change to HappyLynda.

Thank you ladies - I'm soo pleased for DD. For a while I wasn't sure she'd go. As some of you know, she's had a bad time with anxiety but is now getting good results from citalopram and weekly counselling. With the Uni being 20 mins away, she knows she has a safety net if needed.

The Staffies I know are lovely and very playful - such a shame they get bad press.

CKLD - that counts as a positive in my book.

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »

Positive going to York too - 1 of my fav Cities and where my Dad did his TT training ……. so lots of family connections

honeybun

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »

Have you tried a Halti on your dog. It stopped my bouncy retriever pulling me off my feet when she was young. Five stone of dog is very powerful but if they are trying to pull with their nose rather than shoulders it makes a huge difference.

Been in the garden this afternoon. Just pottering due to my back but managed a little. It was lovely to be out in the ....SUN .. ;D

Honeybun
X

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2015, 05:13:02 PM »

My positive for today stepped down in work, it will reduce my stress levels,felt like a weight had been lifted xx

babyjane

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »

cthrnstowe well done.  I hope this helps and doesn't bring other stresses such as financial.

I had to leave a job I loved but it was killing me (exaggeration but it felt like it).  I have been so much better since.  My husband did the same a couple of years ago and he is so much better now physically and mentally.

Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do.

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »

Progress then Cthrnstowe!

Hurdity

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »

Good thread. I was just remembering that we had a Positive thread a while back and I've just found it. Seems that I was the one who started it... meno brain!!!

Taz x  :rofl:

You did and I've found it too! I'm bumping it as I'd forgotten you thought of it months ago too! looks like lots of members getting the same idea so can only be a good thing.  :)

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15