Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: accentuating the positive  (Read 43938 times)

Hurdity

Re: accentuating the positive
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 04:56:32 PM »

Hi babyjane

I'm very much a glass half-full person, but I just wanted to say what a brilliant idea to encourage others to be like this even if it involves pretending to start with - and don't some of us do that all our lives in some situations ie act as if we're something else to give confidence - I know I've done this loads of times when I've been unsure!

Anyway I think it's a great idea because it's easy to get dragged down by negative feelings if you're feeling rough oneself and I love the idea of yours!  :)

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

:) Hurdity x  :)

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I can't take all the credit.  A new member called LellyM made a comment about trying to be optimistic and some of the other ladies developed the idea.  It was just my idea to give it a thread of its own  :)

Briony

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »

BabyJane, I'm in. I'm normally a 'glass half empty (& with a potential hole in it') sort of girl, so it wont be easy!

This is one of my favourite 'positivity' quotations: Life is not about avoiding the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

B x

PS Anyone else not able to get the tune out of their heads?!!  :whist:

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »

Count me in too.

Generally in my life I have been a glass half full but lately I've not even had the bl**dy glass so I'm ready to try wholeheartedly.

So when do we start.
Now or tomorrow morning.
The mind is a very powerful thing .....so....

Ready steady.    ;D

Honeybun
X

SadLynda

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »

Unhinged, only ordered new stuff its not arrived yet.  BUT, I did also order some bright pink wellies for my dog walking and they arrived today, more brightness in my life ;)

nobody gets beaten up for having an 'off day' we are totally excused with those (beyond our control).

HB my glass had the hole in it too and remained empty often.

Unhinged

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »

Honeybun - that make me chuckle! As for starting, yes it's right now, SadLynda is ahead by 3 days, but otherwise it's today!

I already have some positives today listed above (one thanks to you re the HRT!), but I've just done another one - I have been in the bath for at least 30-40 mins, normally I get in and out as quick as possible so I can get back to the safe sofa, but I took my tea, slowed myself down, had a cheerful chat with the spider who lives behind the loo (he never moves so I don't mind him - I don't like the ones that run about fast and so big you can see their faces!. My fingers look like prunes, haven't seen that for a while! x

P.S. SadLynda, we posted same time so missed you on my last post - love the pink wellies ha ha!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:33:04 PM by Unhinged »

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »

Spider behind the loo  :o

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »

Good thread. I was just remembering that we had a Positive thread a while back and I've just found it. Seems that I was the one who started it... meno brain!!!

Taz x  :rofl:

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 06:55:23 PM »

I positively remember that Taz

;D ;D

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:34 PM »

If you practice positive thinking for long enough then I think it can change your mood.. obviously not your memory though!

Seriously it is a good thing to do. I thought positively at the weekend and managed to achieve a long journey and a family meet up (both stressful at the moment for no good reason!) and I felt good. Am trying to keep the positive vibes going. Hence my reply to my son's text that he was getting drenched trudging from the station was "The plants really need it though". I didn't get a very positive response.  :)

Taz x

Unhinged

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »

Ha ha ha, Taz, what an excellent answer, I'm cracking up! x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »

Count me in too, just told my husband I will go out tomorrow night for a meal, he's been asking for ages but I couldn't be bothered getting ready, now he deffo thinks I've lost the plot lol xx

Unhinged

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »

Hello again Cthrnstowe, that's a brilliant start, let us know how it goes! (And it's good to keep the men guessing ha ha!) x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »

I'm in too :-).....sharing positive stories too can only big up the positivity :-).......absolutely positive as a collective we will  feel better ....:-)

jorainbow

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 09:11:59 PM »

It must be underwear week as I treated myself at Bravissimo yesterday!!! Loving the thread - positivity though sometimes elusive does help! My extra special positives today are my partner will be training to be a nurse plus doing a reflexology diploma next year so I can feel the need to be a guinea pig for the latter.  Plus ben & Jerry's ice cream is half price at the supermarket. 😆😆😆😆
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15