Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: feeling rubbish!  (Read 3163 times)

robotwars

feeling rubbish!
« on: October 17, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »

I thought I was doing really well on my HRT patches but these last few weeks have been awful! I'm beginning to feel like an old woman! LOl - I still have pain in my elbow, I have had this now since july, it hurts when I lift anything and at night!
I have pain in my knees especially when walking up the stairs, I'm on my period and now on top of that I now have no voice today and feel rubbish, last sunday I woke up with a sore throat and general head cold symptoms and now no voice and feel rubbish..... just feel like my body is falling apart, it doesn't help that I have a really bad cough and when I cough I just feel like im going to wet myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel 80 not 50 LOL - hope I feel better tomorrow....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: feeling rubbish!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »

Oh I did wet myself the other night when coughing  >:(

Do you have tennis/golfer's elbow? tennis on top and golfer's underneath, if you press on the area it makes the nerve jump  :o!

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »

Tennis elbow is on outside of elbow, golfer's elbow is on inside. Both equally painful. I know, had both, though not at same time.

My knees seize if I sit for too long. Need WD40 to get going.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »

Omega6 capsules help?

I hate days when I am aware of the various aches and pains  >:(

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

hubby says its very quiet ! lol as now have no voice!!!!!!
so funny though trying to get up the stairs......carry on like this I will need a stair lift ! LOL -
as for the elbow it hurts when I lift my tea cup, this will never do! LOl
finally have a doctors appointment on Thursday, hoping they will look at elbow as well as appointment is an HRT review knowing my luck I will need a separate appointment for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 04:31:58 PM »

Probably  ::) ……… you may require a steroid injection into the tender area  :o

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »

I developed golfers elbow a few years ago. Completely out of nowhere. Hurt like billyo for months and then just disappeared just like my coccyx pain. I found ibuprofen gel worked a treat. Never had so many aches and pains since this meno malarkey started  :)

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »

My knees are gubbed. Rheumatism in both and have had for about 8 years now and I'm 55 (just) . I'm just glad I live in a bungalow. Going up stairs is a breeze, coming down is a whole different story. I also have achy elbows and my wrist and ankle are going the same way. I use ibuprofen gel. The pills are really not good for your stomach.

The one thing that concerns me is if I'm like this at my age what am I going to be like in 20 years time.
Hobbling I presume....oh or I could get myself a cool motorised scooter and zoom along in that.

What I will not be is defeated  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »

U won't require a stair lift Honeybun  ;).  The aches and pains may not become worse.  You are active which should help the muscle groups particularly around the knees, you find that the gel is effective and in the coming years other medications will be designed.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »

Or  :drunk:  Sparkle  ;)

My friend had been for 2 replacement knees by the time she was 58  :o