Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help again  (Read 2114 times)

donnacrichton

Help again
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »

Been reducing estrogel slowly as was having a lot of signs estrogen was too high. Been getting improvements most symptoms easing ie. Bleeding stopped headaches eased, aroused feeling easing. Been getting tingling over body which I expected as get this when changing dose. Been on this lowest dose for 2 weeks now and could see light at the end of the tunnel. My question is I have now got severe flushes is this just fluctuations that should settle or signs too low. Or have I not dropped far enough as get flushes with high estrogen but these are stronger. Sorry for a rant x

LW44

Re: Help again
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »

hi,

can i ask ? what were your symptoms of high oestrogen?  im peri age 44 and taking 1mg of oestrogen daily and wondering if i need it or not? thank you :-)

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »

My symptoms have been bleeding dose related, tender breasts, headache that doesn't move even after pain relief, agitation & anxiety seems to be dose related and flushes which confused me as thought they were a symptom of low estrogen x Most symptoms are easing off on the lower dose but flushes have not eased if anything they are worse. Not sure if this could be fluctuations not settled yet.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

Maybe the flushes are not menopause/hormone related??!!  I had a nasty virus a couple of weeks ago and thought my flushes were returning but I was running a temperature.  Also, have you had your thyroid checked recently? Thyroid can start paying up and cause bad flushes.
Today is very,very humid and I'm sweating lots despite the HRT - last night was dreadful - I woke twice drenched in sweat. I'd stick with your current level for a while and see how it goes. DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »

Thanks it's always nice to get some reassurance the past couple of hours some old wee symptoms appearing think it's still fluctuating is it 4 weeks it usually takes to stop?

LW44

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »

did you suffer low mood ? x

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »

Im curious too about high oestrogen symptoms. What you desrcibe I have, but not many flushes but I am not on hrt at all. I thought it was fluctuations or low oestrogen that caused these?

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »

Looking back it looks like I had big fluctuations from high to low that's why I have had implant to stop ovaries from working. My issue is I am my own worst enemy and keep moving dose looking for correct one so it never settles. I've had very low mood at times and uncontrollable tears with too high and anxiety is awful when too high x