Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New and confused perimeno or not? 😢  (Read 1867 times)

pannyg

New and confused perimeno or not? 😢
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:48:36 AM »

Hello everyone. I have read a few posts and feel like I possibly may be perimeno but so all over the place - I think!!?? Does that sound bit crazy!! Not sure where to start really but I'm 49 and have just had the most awful week of neck and head pain pressure to the point where I thought I must have seriously high blood pressure. Saw nurse on tues. Have had a virus which I think I still must have but she said the neck and head was pure tension!! My ears showed signs of the virus and all observed perfectly normal. However the first thing she said was that I was perimeno!!  My last period was Aug last yr. I know I've changed so.much in myself but do feel am slightly mad sometimes. My anxiety which I suffered from years ago has been with me 18 months or so but more now. I feel I'm the only one who feels this way. Panic disorder is also there. Sorry to ramble on 😢

MicheleMaBelle

Re: New and confused perimeno or not? 😢
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »

Pannyg :welcomemm: You're normal- it's the perimenopause and unfortunately the symptoms you describe can be so frightening and totally floor you! But rest assured, they are fairly typical so you are not seriously ill and you're not mad!
Have a browse about, decide what you want to do and go and discuss with your GP- many of us have problems with our GPs not understanding the symptoms and control of them via HRT and many try and palm you off with AD's which shouldn't be the first line of defence. I hope your GP is one of the ones that understand! Book a double appointment and also ask for a referral to a menopause clinic ( they're not all about HRT ) as you might have to wait a while for this to come through.
Let us know how you get on x

pannyg

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »

Hi there. Thanks for your kind reply. It's all so confusing and overwhelming going through these stages. I am going to have a browse and familiarise myself with the site as I am rubbish on forums lol but hope to get the gist of it sooner rather than later! Have a nice day ☺

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »

Hi pannyg

:welcomemm:   

Good to have you here. Have a browse around, join in any of the conversations and do ask if you'd like to discuss anything specific.  x

pannyg

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »

Thank you Elizabethrose x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »

Hi pannyg

:welcomemm: and to this next stage in your life! Peri-menopause more or less starts as soon as your periods become irregular - so you are well into it now! Do you have any flushes or sweats - or maybe you take medication for some other reason which can suppress these?

I agree with Michelemabelle - read up about as much as you can. The information is all on this website so just click on all the tabs on the menu above (green banner), go to your doc first and if no joy get a referral to a menopause clinic. If your last period was last August then it is likely your oestrogen levels are declining overall and this can cause low mood/anxiety and a whole host of other symptoms.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:17:58 PM »

:welcomemm: