Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: im a newbie  (Read 1467 times)

bubbly

im a newbie
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »

hi my name is tracey, and this is my first ever post on here, im  just 42 and in the meno   :( I have one child, 2 dogs. and my man/partner...I have been reading a lot of posts on here, and found it amazing to hear a lot of us are going through the same crap with symptoms - makes u feel not so alone!!...anyway thank you for having me and look forward to chats with you ladies  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: im a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

:welcomemm:  pull down the menus, top of screen and make notes.  Keeping a food/mood for 3/4 months diary can help, however, I forget to fill mine in  ::)

Ask away.  We have a thread about 'dog breeds' and a humorous room too  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:29:32 AM »

Welcome to the forum Bubbly

Annie xx

ellie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:49:31 AM »

Welcome Bubbly, you will find there is always somone around to help you.....and always somone to listen. :welcomemm: :foryou:

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 11:08:40 AM »

Hello bubbly and welcome to the forum.

This site has been a big help to me and I'm sure it will be for you too.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »

Hi bubbly and welcome to MM
You are quite young to be in meno - have your periods stopped completely or are you still getting the occasional bleed? If you are getting meno symptoms but still getting erratic bleeds then HRT could help - a low dose in peri  meno can alleviate symptoms and if you have young children you still need to be 'on the ball'.  If you have been diagnosed as post meno then, at your age, some HRT until you are at least 50 would be highly beneficial for your bones and heart - it would also prevent the early onset of vaginal atrophy and bladder problems.
If you are scared by all the negative press regarding HRT then it's good to find out the truth about some of the benefits so you can make an informed decision.
Do read up all the info on this site and get back to us with questions. If you GP isn't up to speed it's well worth getting really clued up so you know what to ask for.   Keep posting DG x

SadLynda

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »

Hi Bubbly

glad you found everyone here, its great to be here and such a help on those 'poor' days.