Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello - newbie here  (Read 1950 times)

Sammas

Hello - newbie here
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »

Hello ladies,
I am 47 and think I have been peri for a few years (my mum was 42 when she went through menopause) I have been on anti depressants for quite a few years and work in education I cut down my AD and when I said to doc I felt varied symptoms she said it was withdrawal and I need to go back to higher dose and wait 6 weeks I take evening primrose and b Vitamins.  What I find hard is feeling diff symptoms each day. I try and remain positive , do exercise and other stuff but find it hard to plan too much as I never know how I will feel. Some friends dont understand and think I'm being funny I can have funny aches, feel dizzy, sometimes sick can feel very tired but the worst thing is irritability and anxiety Sometimes it's hard to know what to do as there is conflicting advice.  I worry about side effects of taking other stuff. I have always suffered with migraines and had one last week for 4 days which has never happened before I am sure like others out there, I just want to feel normal. Thanks for reading and any advice appreciated. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello - newbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

:welcomemm:  cutting down an AD should be down gradually under GP supervision as they have access to drugs with smaller dosages than is usually prescribed.  It took me 9 weeks to get off Effexor so that I could begin something else.

Are you still having periods?  Migraines are debilitating, several ladies here suffer.

Browse the menus top of screen and make notes.  Ask away!

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »

Hello Sammas

Plenty to read here, and many many others sharing your symptoms.  I am quite new here too, but it certainly helps to share with others who understand.

take care.

Jenthepen

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »

Hi sammas. Been reading a lot since joining this yesterday and the many posts from all these fellow sufferers. Yours struck me because of what you say about different feelings every day. Yesterday I woke up fearful and tearful. Today perfectly fine. Have started a mood diary to try and see If there's a pattern because this is horrible - feeling that the moods are controlling me. Am not taking any medication but have started up a new diet regime. Spoke to my son about it to explain things to him and asked him for hugs. That helped too. Xxxx

ellie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

:welcomemm: :foryou:

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »

Thanks guys for taking time to reply I still have periods as normal.  I have also tried to explain things to my children.  I try and stay positive and appreciate the good days.  The problem with most of our symptoms is that they Are internal and not obvious like breaking your leg.  I didnt go out with friends last week when I had a migraine Two were great but the other one was quite offhand saying that I said I was definitely going out the week before.  It will be good to talk to others on here.  I know we are all different but it helps when others understand Keeping a food diary could be useful Hugs from children can help.  Take care. Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »

Hello Sammas and welcome to the forum.

My trusty old menopause book talks about the menopause being an emotional roller coaster ride and when I first read that I didn't really believe it, needless to say I believe it now!

You are not alone in this and we are here to help.

Take care.

K.