Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: My nose is sore!  (Read 11907 times)

ancient runner

My nose is sore!
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »

Just one nostril feels very sore right up inside and there's a bit of referred pain occasionally across my face. Bit runny too (sorry, TMI). My eye on that side gets very dry and sometimes the inside of my nose seems to dry out and scab - anyone else get this? I am thinking some peri/meno dryness thing maybe? This has been going for a few days now...

ancient runner

Re: My nose is sore!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »

Thanks Sparkle - this feels like the usual dry and bloody nose but further up and a bit fizzy - glad (?) to know it's not just me. I've got some posh eye drops - maybe if I use them more it'll help my nose too. Where it currently hurts is up out of reach for vaseline!

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »

Snap!Also hurts a bit above my eye. Feels kind of fizzy.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »

Me too.  I have had this since February.  I get rock hard dry snot and it bleeds if I am not careful.

I was thinking it was sinuses and have been snorting warm water with salt and bicarb in it, as per NHS website instructions.

It is quite an experience and I am struggling to get to grips with it.  :o

ancient runner

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »

Ah - not a swiftly developing nose tumour then. Just another lovely manifestion of ageing nobody tells you about. Let's write a book - what to expect when your hormones go through the floor... ;D

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 03:54:32 PM »

Oh the joys. I've got this too. Mine was put down to post nasal drip. Was given nose drops, which irritate it so stopped using. GP gave me Naseptin last time & although not completely cured, its heaps better.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »

I had a sore nose for nearly a year. I could feel a bump inside and I always had alot of dried snot. My nose only hurt if I touched it like washing my face or rubbing my nose.  I seem to have so many ailments that I kept thinking it was too minor to ask the Dr about when I had 10 other things more urgent ;D but finally did and guess what he felt it said its an infected cyst and gave me some naseptrin cream and two weeks later totally pain free and snot free as well ::) Why oh why had I not gone 11 months earlier and saved myself a year of sore nose!

oldsheep

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »

I have post nasal drip which has got a lot worse in the last few years, and I get sores in my nostrils too. They take ages to heal.
I also have dry eyes. Opticians gave me a good eyedrop which lasts 6 months, Hyco san.

ancient runner

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »

No - but when I go running my nose always starts to drip. Naseptin eh???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »

Savlon girls, or Vaseline up the snout every day!  Keeps the inner nose moist.  Using too much Beconase-type sprays for rhinitis can dry out the whole air way.  Once symptoms are under control I use the Beconase as necessary otherwise I get a very sore nose!  Have had these problems for years, pre peri  ::)