Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Nocturia? poor pelvic floor or VA  (Read 3173 times)

Sarai

Nocturia? poor pelvic floor or VA
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »

Sorry my title sounds funny. I'm having problems down below. I know my pelvic floor is ruined but sometimes my bits feel sore and irritated, like thrush but it isn't, so I use a little cream and it calms. Night time weeing is a big issue, always been twice a night but when my sleep is bad it can be ten. I know all the sleep hygiene rules , no caffeine, little liquid but when I lie down I need to go yet I don't have the same issue in the day.
i know i must work on pelvic floor but does anybody think VA starting could be making matters worse? Plus my sleep is bad too.

Dancinggirl

Re: Nocturia? poor pelvic floor or VA
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

I have exactly the same Sarai - I'm lucky if I only get up twice in the night. It's been like this since I had my babies!!!! Menopause does make things worse and it sounds to me as though you are developing a bit of VA and probably a bit of local oestrogen like Vagifem would help.  DG x

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »

A second vote for a link to VA from here. Local oestrogen does the job for me.

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »

Thanks ladies, do we buy local oestrogen over the counter or is it on prescription only? Do you think that will help my frequency?

dazned

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 12:51:54 PM »

Prescription only many on here use it and it seems to make a world of difference.

SadLynda

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

just wanted to pop in and hold hand up alongside the 'get up a zillion times a night' brigade.  Also many thanks for telling us there is a solution to this, must start that list for my nurse visit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:42:39 PM »

We have several threads on vaginal atrophy here.  One shouldn't need to wee as often in the night as during the day but hormones can over-ride this and atrophy made me feel as though I had continual urine 'infections' - which weren't!

Go along to your GP and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment  ;) ……..

SadLynda

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »

Thanks again CLKD - shame I didnt know this 3 years ago though - also a shame my GP didnt either >:(  I did mention this in my numerous trips with insomnia before I changed GP to another who was as bad.

Added to list for nurse visit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 05:00:33 PM »

How long's the list so far ?  ;)

Katia

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »

I have just been switched to femodene from cilest. I'm having some night sweats femodene seems to be more drying for my skin,mhair and lady bits. I'm wondering if it will settle down, or back to cilest. I was having some bleeding with cilest. Dahliagirl was femodene not good for your libido?  I had no problems with cilest, a mild down feeling, which went with femodene, but I don't want to lose my libido. It's already lower than it was a few years ago. Have people found HRT a better option?