Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spotting on Elleste duet conti  (Read 2675 times)

alyt

• First Flush
Spotting on Elleste duet conti
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »

Hi all

I'm 48 and have been on HRT for 2 years after starting menopause quite early at age 42. I've not had any problems with Elleste duo conti.  They sorted out my hot flushes (which weren't too severe, but embarrassing in work)  but more importantly  stopped me feeling unusually depressed and mental!

However, I've had a few instances of spotting which has just started to  concern me. It's been over a week now, but only small amounts. Previous to that, it was about 10 months ago. I have got a doctor's appointment next week but am dreading any kind of internal examination.  I did  have a smear last year which wasn't as bad as my pre-hrt  attempt  where I was so dry and tense I nearly fainted! I haven't had kids so any tinkering down there is a big deal.

I've read alot of stuff on here about polyps etc, but there's always the worse stuff at the back of your mind.  I'm already thinking of reducing my hrt as my doctor did suggest  coming off it when I mentioned spotting last year during a routine appointment.

Has anyone else had this experience? I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance before next Friday.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:01:36 AM by alyt »

Dancinggirl

Re: Spotting on Elleste duo conti
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »

Hi and welcome alit
You've done the right thing to make an appointment see the doctor - they may want to do a couple of tests to check there is nothing untoward going on but some spotting, particularly on conti HRT, is quite common and is probably nothing to worry about. It's worth going through an examination for peace of mind.  If bleeding does become a problem then it could be worth considering a Mirena as this reduces and usually stops all bleeding - you then just add some oestrogen as pill, gel or patch. Keep us posted.  DG x

alyt

• First Flush
Re: Spotting on Elleste duo conti
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 05:00:43 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Will keep you posted. It's always helpful to share as I know there will normally be someone else out there going through something similar.  I'm currently taking my HRT tablets every other day and no hot flushes or extreme madness yet!

:o

alyt

• First Flush
Re: Spotting on Elleste duet conti
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:11:29 AM »

Had the transvaginal ultrasound and it was fine. Don't know what I was so worried about. All seemed to be clear but will continue to come off HRT slowly (although apparently this isn't necessary) and see how I get on.
Good luck ito anyone else going for exam. It really was OK.