Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: On Vagifem and HRT and smear test due!!!  (Read 3513 times)

mand3966

On Vagifem and HRT and smear test due!!!
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask if any of you out there are on vagifem for vaginal dryness and HRT and had a smear test recently.

I am due my next smear test in the next few weeks and am really concerned as even on Vagifem and HRT still find sexual penetration painful, and sometimes, impossible.

I am so worried that it is going to be too painful for me even to have it done?

Any tips or experiences you can pass on to me?

Many thanks
Mand3966

Jenna

Re: On Vagifem and HRT and smear test due!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »

Hi mand - my GP suggests using a vaginal moisturiser (Sylk etc.,) on the days you don't use Vagifem. I actually use Estriol cream instead of Vagifem and also 'Yes' water-based moisturiser on the other days, and the nurse managed to do the smear test! Hope that helps! Oh and remember to check when you can last use it before the test - it says in the leaflet that comes with the smear test appointment.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 09:46:45 AM »

Also you should explain your worries to the nurse and she should use a smaller speculum.

Taz x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:59:56 AM »

I had to have one last year and like you was dreading it as the last one had been agony but it was a new nurse and she said given your age ::) I am going to use the speculum that we use on young girls who haven't had intercourse as its smaller and she also used more gel and it was almost painless. She said to always ask for the smallest speculum and more gel from now on so maybe you can try this as well.