Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Do you like your look.  (Read 20492 times)

Dulciana

Re: Do you like your look.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:44 PM »

Maybe I'm feeling this way because I feel my hubby has become disinterested in me as a woman. He does look at other women....I see him do it ....but not me. Nearly 31 years on he has seen all there is to see but it does absolutely nothing for my self confidence. It makes me doubt me....and doubt him, although we have been through so much together. No spark anymore and it makes me sad. I accept a lot of the blame....but I miss what we had .Honeyb X

:hug:  HB.    What's your best feature?  Why not wear something that will flatter that, to start with?    Or, what colour is "just you"?  Could you get yourself something in just that shade?  And do either or both of these for you!   If you are happy with the result, it'll show on your face and Hubby might just notice!  Good luck  :foryou:

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »

I really doubt it ....but I am having a think of what to do for me. Given up on him....although I'm sure he would blame me.
Maybe that's another thread for another time.

Hey ho...onwards and upwards.

Honeyb
X

dazned

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »

I don't wear any make up,never have,think it's because I didn't have any sisters who did  :-\
I wear what I'm comfy in but if it's a special occasion Iam always smartly attired. I don't think I have any special physical features very plain in fact but I'm happy with who Iam and those that don't like it well thats tough ! I do colour my hair as it's very grey and have had a really nice hair style but if the chips were down you would do no better than to have me watching your back and that is worth more than any make up,clothes and body shape ! Come on ladies we are special,caring people anyone should be glad to know us  ;)

Dulciana

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »

I am having a think of what to do for me. Honeyb X

Good! 

Dulciana
x

babypink2807

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »

Only makeup I wear is eyeliner and mascara.  Or just mascara. 

My hair I now dye funky colours just to make it different, I seem to have lost my clothes style no idea where it's gone to and at times I do feel not right no idea why.  I do love though having my nails done, like the nail art stuff

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 08:49:17 PM »

If I could change anything, I would change my feet and boobs,but not because they look awful, but because they are difficult to fit and consequently expensive, with less choice. Oh and hair that behaved itself! But no grey hairs yet (well between you and me, some downstairs!) and still blonde.

I'm 61 and look a lot younger and am a better shape than since my early teens, so that clothes do look better. DH does compliment me on the way I look, which helps my confidence. I don't worry about the way I look as much as when I was younger. I look at old photos and wonder what I was fussing about.

I look at other people and find I am attracted to who people are rather than what they look like. The beauty within shines through.

I do wear makeup when I go out as apparently I don't look very well without it, regardless of how I really am! I am naturally very pale.

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:21 PM »

Yes & no. Depends on my mood, my hair, what I've put on.

Scared of looking like some old biddy & try to absorb some trends into my wardrobe. This year I've added more colour as had wardrobe full of navy & black. However, not sure it's really me. Some things I do not wear well, but refuse to send for recycling yet.

getting_old

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:07:30 PM »

I think I look like a bag lady most days! so I'm not exactly overly proud of how I look, but at least shop assistants leave me alone (they assume I can't afford anything  :-X).
I have some really lovely clothes but very few opportunities to wear them these days and I've never been particularly good at putting on make-up so attempts usually result in the scared panda look. As for my hair, the least sign of humidity and I scare small children....
but no matter how bad I look OH tells me I look beautiful to him, and apart from the disastrous trip to the hairdressers none of my friends have called Trinny & Susannah  ;)  I do keep telling OH that he needs to tell me when I look bad so I don't embarrass us!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:03:11 PM by getting_old »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 06:25:59 AM »

;D many years ago we went out as a group, I wore a short skirt, hiking boots, long top and hat - apparently not a good look but I felt so good that day: until I saw the photos  :o.  Now Himself only has to mutter 'malham cove' and I head for cover  ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 08:53:24 AM »

Don't go out of the house without make-up.
Buy new clothes on a regular basis.
Wear nail polish on work days.
Haircut every 6 weeks.
Use self tan every week.
What a trooper.  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »

I'd love to get rid of my specs and have teeth straightened but don't want the pain of braces.  Clothes have to be comfy otherwise I feel self conscious so these days due to shape shifting as HB would say anything with a bit of give around the tum area. Oh and comfy shoes due to stupid foot problems.

now it is official sparkle, you really are my doppelganger  ;D

Tabbycat

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »

Has anyone got any ideas on how to not look frumpy? That's all I see in the mirror now, doesn't matter what I'm wearing.

I'd love to have my nice trim waist back, and I'd like skin that never sags!

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »

i think we have to get to a point of accepting that we are middle aged and make the very best of what we have.  there is no shame in being this age and at this stage of our lives. 

Tabbycat, the official definition of frumpy is 'dowdy and old fashioned' and I am sure you aren't that.  You don't have to be frumpy but you can't change your age back to 35, it isn't possible. For me, I prefer to feel comfortable in my skin than look like my daughter's sister and my grandchildren like my squidgy bits  ::)

I don't have a lot of money for clothes etc but what I do buy I don't choose dowdy or frumpy.  Approaching 60, short and a bit rounded does not mean I have to be frumpy and dowdy.  I mean I can be on a bad day but it doesn't take much to vamp it up a bit  :veil:  :)

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »

I don't mind my top half too much it's my bottom half that needs attention. I'm having trouble getting trousers to fit. If I don't wear a belt they fall down. I want to get more fashionable jeans that actually flatter my shape. It's not so bad in the winter because I wear boots but sandals and me don't look right.
Am I too old for skinny type jeans or should I stick to boot cut.

I have just ordered a really nice pair of boots for winter. They are tan in colour and now I'm wondering if I should have gone for black. I just wanted something different.
That's another problem....I never seem to be able to make up my mind about anything clothes related.....I dither.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »

I am totally un-aware of what the different types of jeans are: what for goodness sake is a boyfriend jean?  :-\ ……. jeans are jeans are jeans - which can be shrunk, either by running into the sea in them or by laying in a warm bath  :D

As for colour, you have the boots: now working upwards, buy clothes in shades the match, i.e. cream long length skirt, bright peach coloured top and cream jacket?  Think Gok  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9