Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Period Overload  (Read 2252 times)

Rider

Period Overload
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

Have just joined this site so apologies if this has been discussed previously.

In the last 6 weeks I have had three periods.  The first one appeared when it should, the second one appeared two weeks later and was as heavy as the first and the third appeared another fortnight later and is just as heavy again.  Has anybody else experienced this?  In a way I am hoping this is their 'swansong'. 

I am 52 and have been menopausal for the last 5 years. My boobs grew to an enormous size but have shrunk back to their pre-menopause size now.  It cost me a fortune in bras!!  I am currently starting my third bout of depression and suffer frequently from paranoia.

When will my periods stop?????? :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period Overload
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »

:welcomemm: ……… has your GP given you medication to ease heavy bleeds?  Fortunately mine became lighter, intermittent and finally stopped after 2/3 years when I was 47. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:41 PM »

Yes - I had this for 18mths when I came off the pill.  I started taking hrt and it has gradually reduced each month and the gap between bleeds was amazing  ;D

I read somewhere that the pattern was for periods to become heavy and more frequent in early menopause, then they become lighter and you occasionally 'miss' a period until they stop - this was based on finding a pattern in a small number of women in a small sample.  ::)  I have also read that you miss a period when you do not ovulate, then have a heavy one ::)

I charted my cycles for that 18 months in the hope of being able to understand what was going on.  I am inclined to believe what a doctor said to me 'Anything goes in menopause'  ;)

Mirena coil is often suggested.  You can then use oestrogen gel or patches if you have any other symptoms.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »

Hi Rider  :welcomemm:

Taz x

Rider

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »

Thanks for your responses. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for something else but I will certainly be discussing this issue :)