Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How to get rid off the last soreness?  (Read 4336 times)

How to get rid off the last soreness?
« on: July 28, 2015, 05:29:42 AM »

Most likely this is a unique problem, but I´ll try anyway...

Since my rectal problems (hemmoroidh) in the fall/winter I STILL have an on-and-off lingering soreness in rectum/anal area (inside). I say on-and-off, because some days it's barely noticeable and some days it's more of an irritated feeling. It's not an unbearable pain, but...irritating. Some days it feels like small, small cramps, but most days it feels mostly like irritated, raw skin. Sometimes a little swollen/pressure (imagine the feeling when underwear crawls up your butt...). Yesterday, it felt, a couple of times, like I also got a similar sensation right at my vaginal opening.

I really wonder if it's hormonal... One of the doctors (two doctors have looked inside) agreed that it wasn't impossible that the mucus membranes in the rectum also could be affected by hormone levels in peri/menopause. He prescribed an over-the-counter ointment that I used for 14 days. It helped, but I don't want to keep putting that on all the time. It contains a small amount of cortisone, and obviously that's not good to use all the time. I would like something that ONLY moisturizes and protects the sensitive skin, but so far I haven't found anything. Any suggestions for me?

Debe

Re: How to get rid off the last soreness?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »

Hi 20032003,

I would suggest after going to the toilet, to wash thoroughly afterwards and then apply a little amount of Vaseline. Every time you go.

Also to eat a high fibre diet, or at least have porridge every morning. That will help.

The real problem is is lack of oestrogen. Everything atrophies.

And yes, it is not good to use too much cortisone. It thins the skin.

Debe x

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:24:31 PM »

Perhaps use some local oestrogen cream liberally down there.
Cortisone doesn't seem a good idea for long term use.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »

Thank you :)! I think that I have the "razor blades", that people describe having in their vagina, in my butt... Is that even possible??

I'll try vaseline first. I HAVE considered an estogen cream, but I'm a little scared of testing that on my own without a doctor's recommendation. Should I dare??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »

Yep anywhere that the skin is thinning can produce sharp nipping pains or worse.  I found that eating granola for breakfast most mornings helps but occasionally I get intense itchiness in the back passage or soreness.  Savlon helps applied after a bath.

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »

Thank you :)! I think that I have the "razor blades", that people describe having in their vagina, in my butt... Is that even possible??

I'll try vaseline first. I HAVE considered an estogen cream, but I'm a little scared of testing that on my own without a doctor's recommendation. Should I dare??

Yes it is possible,  all of the area down there can be affected by changes in the oestrogen level.

And yes you should dare trying it, though I suspect that you'll need to see a GP to get a prescription for it.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

Yes it is possible,  all of the area down there can be affected by changes in the oestrogen level.

And yes you should dare trying it, though I suspect that you'll need to see a GP to get a prescription for it.

In Sweden we can buy estrogen cream without a prescription, but there are so many warnings associsted with it that I've been afraid to try.... But WHERE would I apply it? Does the effect "spread" to surrounding areas if used in the vagina?

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:40 PM »

The level of hormone in the oestrogen cream is very small.
It just affects the local area, it isn't taken up systemically into the wider system.
I was given the cream when I had horrid soreness, mostly in the vaginal area but also with some irritation in the anal area. The cream helped a lot.

In your case I would apply it to the outer vaginal and anal areas initially, then just the vaginal area.

BTW - I was very concerned about the side effects of using oestrogen cream, I mentioned this to GP who prescribed it. Well, what I actually asked was "will this give my husband boobs?" When she'd stopped laughing she assured me it wouldn't, and it didn't  :)

ancient runner

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »

I sometimes get an intensely itchy squirming soreness where you describe, and often when I also need to use a bit of oestrogen cream on my vulva. So I have occasionally added a bit round my backside. It seems to work. Suggest you try it and see? What's the worst that could happen?

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »

I will try the estrogen cream :)! I just went straight from here to the pharmacy website and ordered some - before I could change my mind... ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:44:48 AM by 20032003 »

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

And now I have the cream... And I haven't tried it yet, mainly becuase I was stupid enough to read the "book" that came with it. The book of ALL possible side effects and precautions, that is. Can you REALLY be at risk for, for instance, blood clots by using a small amount of cream in the vaginal/rectal area??? You should be careful if you have high blood pressure, breast cancer, blood clots, etc in your family. I HAVE high blood pressure, and so does my mom. My grandma had a blood clot. Is it REALLY so that I might not be able to use a vaginal estrogen cream because of this??? I wish there was a call-a-doctor that I could get some advice from...

When (if ;) ) I DO use it, should I poke a little of the cream inside my anus? It's just inside the opening where I tend to feel the irritation/soreness/burning/itching/swelling (it varies from time to time).

Limpy

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »

The list of potential side effects has to include all possibilities however remote they may be.

I would use the cream as directed for the vagina (i.e. internally for the first week or fortnight). I would apply externally to the anal area. Perhaps poke a little in with a finger I don't know  :-\. I definitely wouldn't use the same applicator as the one for internal vaginal use  ::)