Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel patches  (Read 3350 times)

robotwars

Evorel patches
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »

Hi Just a quick question? On what day do you usually start the patches. The doctor said to look at the leaflet and start as per directions. I have finally come on and it states. start within the first 5 days of having a period, so do you allow yourself to be on for a few days then apply a patch, I know this probably sounds silly but with my anxiety I'm getting quite anxious about it! LOL

honeybun

Re: Evorel patches
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »

If you are still getting a proper bleed then I would wait a day or two then stick one one. If you have a mini bleed....spot here and there just put one on now.

When I started mine I had not had a bleed for about seven months. I couldn't wait to get one stuck on to see if it made any difference.

Honeyb
X

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:43:15 PM »

Thanks Honeybun, I do come on really heavy, I came on sunday evening so wondered about starting Thursday evening and applying the patch, just hoping I fell ok on it as we are away at the weekend in bed and breakfast!!! Aaghhh

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

Try not to over think things...I know it's hard but you will be just fine.

I'm sure you have said but what symptoms are you hoping to fix.

My main issue when I started was flushes, sweats and insomnia. They worked on all three within a couple of days and for a long while I was a new woman until anxiety struck....probably due to on going stress.
I did feel a little queasy the first few days but it was nothing much.

Maybe start them tomorrow and give them a chance to settle before you go away.

Honeyb
X

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

Thanks for your reply honeybun. I'm hoping they will help with not sleeping, terrible moods etc, period all over the place, then when I come on really heavy, body aches, very dry down below this feels awful! dr did give me hrt  in pill form but this caused digestive problems, I have tried prempak and cyclo-prognova, I went back asking for something for the vaginal dryness and doctor suggested to try patches first...............

robotwars

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »

Well I had my doctors appointment today to review how im getting on with these patches and the doctor has suggested staying on them for another 2 months and if things don't settle then he suggests changing to ellest duet! as apparently this is a kinder HRT!
Why is HRT so expensive, I paid £18 today for 2 months worth! Aaghh!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping periods will settle down. Also I hcange patches on a sunday and a Thursday, on a Monday and a Friday I feel awful, especially on the conti patch, I'm hoping this will also settle down. fingers crossed

dazned

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »

Have you thought of getting a prepaid prescription card ,you can get 3 month one's or a yearly one as I have a few medications it's much cheaper not to mention any other tablets I might need through the year i.e. antibiotics etc. Just a thought.
Don't know what patches you have but estelle duet has norethisterone as the progesterone part which is very strong so don't know why the Dr thought this would be kinder,more like cheaper ! However having said that I got on great with it for 5 years . Hope you get settled soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »

Whaaat?!!

As dazned says Elleste Duet has estradiol and norethisterone in it, and this is exactly the same as the Evorel patches so how can your doc say the Elleste is kinder!!!!! In the long term it is far better to have HRT transdermally than orally as it doesn't go through the liver and your body doesn't have to deal with the metabolic by-products of the tablets!

It's a bit mean only to give two months supply - you should get at least 3 otherwise it does get expensive!

Hurdity x

robotwars

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:04:55 PM »

How do they work the costs out for HRT? I gave my prescription in for 2 months of patches, first she charged me £8.89, then she said oh sorry that's a double charge and charged me another £8.89, so is it £8.89 for a months supply! so confusing!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »

Hi when I get my patches renewed I only pay £8.89 for 2 months worth, it is only one item, so they have over charged you  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »

Two different sorts of patches ....oestrogen and then a combined oestrogen and progesterone.

Therefore twice the price.

You need to move to Scotland....it's free up here....for now.

Honeybun
X