Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi patches  (Read 33137 times)

karin

Re: Evorel Sequi patches
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

that's all really helpful to me as  I've  just started these patches this week. I initially felt tingly all over and had slight nausea, but on day 4 this has reduced by 75%. I slept really well last night and I haven't had a flush today or last night. Did you notice any other benefits such as aches and pains reduced, or hair and skin improvements?

bev567901

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »

Hi Karin, I am unsure on the nausea as this is the biggest peri/meno symptom for me & I had it anyway. I am sure there are other improvements but the only ones I can be 100% certain about are:

1. I know when my period will be now
2. I bleed for longer & more blood (not an improvement I guess, but better out than in)
3. I definately feel better in the second half of the cycle
4. I don't get the ridiculous pre period symptoms I used to get since I started peri/meno it is now like the old pre period symptoms & much more manageable
5. I do sleep better

I guess taking into account other factors like I work from home, I don't have a stressful commute to work/horrible boss etc etc but my youngest two children are nine yrs old so its ying & yang. I sometimes think we compare ourselves but our lives are all so different. Plus the aches & pains are they age & not meno. I do feel like my legs don't work when I walk downstairs every morning but is that because my day starts off very abruptly & quite frankly at nearly 52 I should technically be taking things slightly easier. I don't know? I planted a lavender hedge on Sunday & feel achy but some nights I can mow the lawns & do all sorts of physical gardening stuff & don't come in until I can no longer see as its 9.30pm. I think I will keep a diary & see if it coincides with the good second half of the cycle.
I hope you carry on feeling better as the month goes on. Let me know how you are getting on with the patches as it will be very interesting to know. Don't get your days wrong too I had a month where I thought Tuesday was Wednesday & I cocked up badly. You would think it was easy to remember twice a week, now is that age or meno?  :) B x

karin

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »

Thanks Bev! Im the same age as you and my symptoms were night sweats , increasingly more flushes in the day,  unexplained fibro -type flare ups, some hair loss and a bit of fuzzy thinking, I've a teenager and job that i love but have found work harder because of symptoms getting in the way- which i hate. My hope is to become a little less flushed and more balanced so that I'm able to cope more like i used to, anything else is a bonus ( except weight gain!) will post once i start the second phase. Thank you ;D

hotstff

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 04:29:33 PM »

SuzyQ said this:

Physiologically progesterone may oppose estrogens actions on the lining of the womb but it has many other benefits.

Could somebody explain what other benefits Progesterone has on the body?
I've read lots about the benefits of estrogen, but can never find much info on progesterone (despite much internet trawling) - other than it opposes the estrogen.  :-\  Does it do you any other good? 

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:35:17 PM by hotstff »

Suzyq

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:19 PM »

There was a recent discussion on this - progesterone for me eliminates the dreadful anxiety that I suffer with only estrogen - I take every day! It is known as the calming hormone. It also aids brain function.

Good thread by bev! Very useful for people starting any type of hrt...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:12:55 PM by Suzyq »

karenja

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »

it was really helpful to read bev567901 post on Evorel Sequi patches as I am about to start using them after not getting on with other hrt, herbal stuff or ad's, Im getting awful anxiety at night panic attacks and palpatations and hoping this will help me fingers crossed x

robotwars

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »

Hi Bev567901 I just wondered whether you were still using the patches and how you were getting on?
Pages: 1 2 [3]