Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Any Scottish ladies who can advise please?  (Read 9944 times)

honeybun

Re: Any Scottish ladies who can advise please?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »

Years ago before we were married hubby and I did a road trip up the West Coast, right across the top, stopping at John o Groats. Then down to Inverness and back across to the west.
Hubby is from London so he enjoyed it very much.
We stayed in all sorts of places including a caravan that was on the top of a cliff and secured by a rope  :o

If you wanted a good place to see Scotland in miniature Unhinged, then the Isle of Arran is the place to go. It has everything set in one island including Scotland's second highest mountain. Oh and I can see it from my window.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Unhinged

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »

Honeybun, you can see a mountain  from your window? That's just not fair!

Your road trip sounds like a great adventure - though maybe not the caravan being held by a rope at the top of a cliff!

Isle of Arran, right I'm going to look at that now ....

P.S I just posted a thankyou message to you on my 'lost my marbles and become unhinged' thread - I now  have Evorol conti patches!

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »

Definitely Google images of Arran. I spent a lot of time there as a child. It's about an hour away by boat.
From my coastline I can see Arran,Ailsa Craig, Island of Cumbrae, and the Island of Bute.

I have lived in this area all my life and nothing will get me away from here.

Mind you the weather is usually rubbish, so in the middle of winter when I'm complaining about the wind and rain feel free to remind I said I would never move  ;D

Honeyb
X

Unhinged

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 02:36:22 PM »

How absolutely wonderful to live somewhere you feel that way about - to never want to leave, that's quite something and I don't know anyone else personally who has ever felt that way, except people I've met down on Exmoor.

I don't care about weather, I tend to avoid the sun like Gollum in his cave, but yes if I see you complaining in the winter then I shall point you back to this post ha ha!

I have got my map out .... everyone I know thinks there's something wrong with me - I can spend hours studying maps!

bramble

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »

I think both Arran and Skye are Scotland in miniature. Both good islands to visit along with my fave of Mull (but only because of the choc shop!). Love Arran cheeses.  We are so lucky HB.

Bramble

Unhinged

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 03:14:56 PM »

Hi Bramble, oh good - I'm going to Skye this visit, just realised, I'll be there in less than a month. You are indeed lucky to live in such a beautiful place, and I'll post to let you know I really love it when I get back too - I know I will - 1,000 picture I've looked at online can't lie! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »

I loved living in Wales and didn't want to leave  :'( - now retired we were planning on going back but a lot of our current hobbies don't exist there  ::)

The week after we visited Portree, it rained so heavily that the road slipped!  :o we ran out of words after 2 days, the oohs and aaahhs and FabULus ran out  ;)

My Great Uncle loves the Isle of Arran.

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »

If I ever win the lottery, then I will go and live on Arran. Same view but just from the other side  ;D

My dad used to have to work on the island and he used to take me with him every summer. I loved it. It was also my very first taste of freedom....The youth hostel was brilliant.
From about 13 a whole crowd of kids used to take our bikes on the ferry in the morning and come back on the last one at night.
I have family and friends there and visit quite regularly although we have not stayed over for quite a few years......and the ferry fares have now come down.

If anyone would like to read a wonderful book based on the island. It's called The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringles by Kirsty Wark. It's such a great read.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »

:thankyou:

If it means a Ferry ride then count me out  :-\ ……… the Isle of Wight trip gave me enough worries though it was fine ……

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »

It's a big ferry and it only takes 50 mins.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 10:04:24 PM »

THAT long  ;D …….  :sick02: - and one has to travel back to the mainland tha knows  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »

Never once in my life have I seen anyone being seasick, but I see your point.

You can helicopter in if that helps  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 10:12:15 PM »

:rofl: ………. you'll be sending me to the Isle of Man next  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]