Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Anyone not take anything?  (Read 17776 times)

honeybun

Re: Anyone not take anything?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »

Sorry to rain on this great idea......but....I tried very hard to get a separate thread for alternatives and had quite a lot of member support but the powers that be ignored the request.

It's a real shame that members requests are basically ignored but there would be no harm in at least asking.

Don't hold your breath though.

Honeyb
X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »

Well we could just have a long running thread on the All Things Menopause forum. As long as we remembered to bump it often so it stayed on the 1st page always?

Call it something like Perimenopause Princesses (as opposed to being Menopausal Madams)  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »

Briony & GRL your idea of a separate thread on MM for younger, peri meno ladies seems a really good idea. Things are very different when one hasn't even thought of meno as a possibility.

Why not start a topic/thread to address this area yourselves? Ok, you may get some strong pro HRT views posted, but you wouldn't have to pay heed to them. Equally, post meno ladies may have useful contributions to make.

Just seen GRL's post re long running thread on ATM forum - That seems a really good way to go
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:13:06 PM by Limpy »

Dulciana

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2015, 04:22:51 PM »

Call it something like Perimenopause Princesses (as opposed to being Menopausal Madams)  ;)

;D I like that, GypsyRoseLee!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »

;D …………

Gill - I think that's 1 of the reasons I stopped contributing, it became a 'race' to see who had the best/worse/deepest/longest symptoms  ::)

Briony

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 09:47:47 AM »

I think one of the issues here is that we're all basically a bunch of hormonal females so it's inevitable that some of us are going to be ultra sensitive and/or read more into others' posts than was probably intended (me being the worst offender!). That makes people feel they have been criticised so they feel they have to defend or justify themselves, hence the 'race' you refer to CKLD. The good thing is that, as someone else pointed out, this thread has remained balanced and friendly.  :)

I was going to email Emma, HB, til I remembered your previous experience. Maybe a peri post/thread will just occur naturally. 'If' there  was a separate part of the forum, crucially, it would need to be inclusive. I could not have got through the last year if it wasn't for the support, advice and views of some of the more experienced ladies on here, those who've given me confidence and reassurance when my friends at home just didn't get it (a number who are contributing to this thread so  :thankyou: :thankyou: ) Many of the things discussed are relevant to both peri and menopausal members - the more peri focused issues being some of the treatments available, the risk levels associated with some treatments, coping with fluctuations rather than lack of estrogen and the alienation (stigma?) experienced when your 30/40 something social group is still discussing the joys of having babies whilst you're secretly battling the grief of never being a birth mother. A case of night feeds vs night sweats!  :-\

dimples

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »

I am not taking anything although if I could take a herbal remedy I would. Trying the free sample of sage which is being sent to me. I wont go on medication if I can help it. I am already on High BP tablets and on the risk of having to take statins for my cholesterol so steering well clear until needs must.  I run or go to the gym most days / walk every day with the dog and eat healthily. Also cutting down on the booze as that I notice makes hot flushes worse. Don't have too many other symptoms yet but expect I will.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »

Ladies often find an intolerance of alcohol at this time of Life  :(  ::)

My cholesterol is slightly high but as I do every thing else 'right', my GP and I agree that I don't need statins (he doesn't agree with them much either).

Sarai

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »

Im a bit late joining this thread but Im 53 and take nothing apart from Starflower oil and B complex. Still on the fence re HRT. When Im in floods of tears I think I must, when Im not I think I shouldnt.

Winterose

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »

Read somewhere recently  that intense excersise 5 times a week for 45 mins reduced hot flushes and meno symptoms for most of women in study, so thats something else people can try -

notgivingin

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »

Well I was on herbal medicine for low mood, breast tenderness and cramps however because I have since progressed in the last 8 weeks to more menopausal type symptoms and my periods are a little more irregular and so much more painful I have decided to completely come off the herbal mix cold turkey and see what manifests. Main reason was I wanted to see how my body is in its natural state during this latest transition and deal with it from a fresh perspective. I am already noticing a dip in mood and feel I am slowing down and going inwards so to speak.  Mind you, my personal life is a mess ( relationship probs and was told last month I no longer had my contract so I am jobless now)  Its all feeling too much at the moment.Loss of confidence big time - I wish there were meet up groups so we could sit and pour out our woes too.  Anyone else gone through rocky times in a relationship because they hate themselves with the weight gain, ageing and feeling generally unwell. those who have lovely supportive hubbys - cherish them!!

honeybun

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »

I have one of those hubbies that one day you love and the next day you hate  ::)

Good idea to come off everything and then reasses. If we end up taking a mix then we don't know what's working and what's not.
We do have a print off of a help for hubbies which explains to them far better than we can what we are going through and reacting the way we do.

My hubby didn't read it  ::)

Honeyb
X

groundhog

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »

Hi notgovingin - I can relate to the relationship problems and its grim.  Keep posting and we will try and help you through xx

babyjane

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »

what do others think about a relationship thread in the private bit.  After all many of our relationship issues are menopause related and can make you feel isolated?

notgivingin

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:35 AM »

thats a good idea actually - apologies if I went on a bit too much about it all - I re-read it just now and feel slightly embarrassed I think the sleep deprivation is turning me doo-lally!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5