Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: When will my Mirena boobs deflate?  (Read 6199 times)

Badga

When will my Mirena boobs deflate?
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:35:55 AM »

Hi Guys

Went to clinic on Thursday last and discussed the SEs I am experiencing with my Mirena - fatigue and HUGE sore breasts (have had to buy larger bras).  They really hurt when I exercise, despite adequate support  :'(

I agreed to stick on the Mirena as I have only had it in a couple of months or so.  The consultant said the SEs are due to the early stages when the prog can leak into ones system, but this should settle down in a few months.

Any idea how long ladies please?

btw - have also been prescribed the gel so any feedback on that would be great too

Badgs xxx

Dancinggirl

Re: When will my Mirena boobs deflate?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »

Hi
Oestrogel is great - I used it through peri and post meno stages.  It is perfect together with the Mirena. I don't know your age or the stage of your meno but I think the settling time for the Mirena is different from person to person.  If you are still peri your own hormones will be kicking in from time to time and this could cause your boobs to be sore. I'd give it 4-6 months and if you are still feeling really tired etc I'd try an alternative HRT.
Were you given the Mirena because of heavy bleeding?
I'd start with just one pump per day of the Oestrogel for the first 3-4 weeks especially if you are peri meno and increase to 2 pumps per day if your flushes etc haven't subsided.
I think it can be quite a big hit of progesterone when the Mirena is first put in and if you haven't got any opposing oestrogen to counter balance it, that may not be helping.  You may start to feel better once you get some oestrogen going.
Good luck.  DG x

ellie66

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »

Mirena is awful. I had side effects the whole time. However I have had no side with Utrageston. The side effects may not die down. Its just they do like removing because its expensive.

Badga

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »

Hi Dancingirl

I am postmeno and given the Mirena as patches do not stick due to my vigorous exercise routine.  I am nearly 53 and not had a period for well over a year, FSH 79, and serum estradiol 30 before I started HRT last June.  Tried oral prog, but this gave me worse symptoms than the Mirena.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »

Hi badga

The "leakage" into your system may well be due to thinner tissues in the urethral area so if you are not using vaginal oestrogen as well I would recommend this. There is less systemic absorption of vaginal oestrogen (eg from Vagifem) once the tissues are plumped up so maybe more absorption of progestogen too (from the Mirena) occurs if they are not plumped up? This is just my theory anyway.

Why not give it a try so that you are oestrogen primed  - from the outside as well as inside?

If you are already using this then fingers crossed the side effects will settle once your body acclimatises.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »

Tell us what HRT types you have tried. If you have the Mirena without oestrogen in post meno I'm sure that must be awful.
Start using the Oestrogel a.s.a.p.
Very good suggestion from Hurdity - get some Vagifem as well.
DG x

ellie66

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »

Have you tried Utrageston as a progesterone its bio identical so our own bodies make? I had an awful with the Mirena but have no side effects with Utrageston.

Badga

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 04:48:57 AM »

I started off with Evorel Conti a year ago, which was fine in terms of no side effects.  However, due to my vigorous exercise routine, these were not sticking.  I was obviously, however; absorbing enough estrogen as my fifteen or so hot flushes per day stopped.  My consultant was concerned that due to the patches not sticking I might not be absorbing enough prog to protect my uterus lining.  Indeed, I was getting a lot of spotting, but that was the norm for me due to fibroids, which I had 'embolised' 2010 degenerating.

I was then switched to Estradot and oral prog which made me 'blow up'.  Tbh the oral prog was worse in terms of SEs than Mirena, which is why I have decided to stick with it.  Also, the Estradot, even though they stuck better, they still required a dressing over them to survive exercise, and were always over a pool of sweat at removal.  Hence the Mirena Oestragel combo.

Interesting theory Huridity.  Hiw do I know if I have vaginal hypotrophy?  Everything seems OK in that department, if you girls know what I mean? ;)  Would wearing a tampon help absorb any prog leaking through the cervix I wonder?

Badga xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:32 AM »

I doubt using a tampon would help.  I think you should give the Mirena/Oestrogel regime a good try and possibly add vagifem as well and see how things are in a couple of months.
It sounds to me as though your body needs to adjust and though you are post meno it still takes some time for your hormones to bottom out.
DG x

janiet

Re: anxiety
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 09:17:32 PM »

Hi all has anyone had worse symptoms on estrogen patches  with progesterone every two months? Anxiety returning very confused feel so bad . Any advise please! >:(!