Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Greasy hair and skin break outs - I guess that's also part of the package...  (Read 3487 times)

I usually wash my hair every other day, and I haven't had greasy skin and acne in quite a while. But NOW, all of a sudden, my hair is greasy even though I washed it yesterday, and my skin is breaking out between my breasts, on my neck and on my face. I haven't changed soap, schampoo, or anything and it's definitely not hot out (I live in Sweden... ;) ) so it must be HORMONES, I guess...???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Yep.  I've had spots for a few weeks …….. maybe change your shampoo to strip any residue from the hairs?  Do you use a conditioner, I find it makes my hair greasy  ::)

How's the weather up there?

When I looked back at my app I saw that I had oily skin during ovulation last month too. This is new though. I used to get this in the days right before my period, not mid-cycle. But everythinh is upside down, I guess.

We're having a really lousy Summer. Cool temps, wind, rain. We've had about 3 days of actual Summer weather so far...

honeybun

The skin on my face is inclined to be oily but the rest of my body is dry.

The body you can hide.....the face needs attention. You can cleanse with a slightly astringent cleanser and then tone with the same. Then splash your face with cold water before moisturising with an oil free cream.

It's worth taking the time.

Well it is for me. Sometimes confidence in meno can be low and looking rotten does not help but a good skin regime and reasonable looking skin does wonders for your self esteem.

As for the rest of your skin. A soft body brush really helps.

Honeyb
X