Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Boots?  (Read 6487 times)

Dulciana

Boots?
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »

I have average-width feet and ankles, but have wide calves and have always found problems with getting boots to fit.  In my teens, I struggled with zip-up boots, but the zip caught on the flesh of my calf so much that I eventually gave up on them.  Wet-look boots (if anyone remembers them!) were great, as all I had to do was stretch the leg-part over my calf and all was well, although even that felt a bit on the restricted side.  I would love a pair of elegant boots that fit comfortably over my wide calves.  Ankle boots fit perfectly well but they emphasise the shape of my calf in a most unflattering way. (I'm a skirt person, remember!) I've just come across "Duo", which apparently sells this sort of thing.  I do not want frumpy flatties - they'd need to be elegant, with a mid-heel.   Has anyone got any experience of "Duo", or do you know of anywhere else that caters for awkward leg shapes?  I'd really love a nice pair of boots for the winter.   :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:30:53 AM by Dulciana »

honeybun

Re: Boots?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »

I think I read that Simply Be do them. Maybe check it out online.

Honeyb
x

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »

:thankyou:Thanks ever so much, HB and Grangravy.   I've had a look at this site and they do some really nice wide-calf boots.  The problem is that they all come with wide foot measurements, too, which I don't have.  So I think my search goes on.........

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »

Think Marisota do them.

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »

I will also be looking to replace a well worn (10 years) well loved pair of Faith winter boots but I will wait until the autumn when the new stock comes into the shops.  I have been putting off replacing them for the last 3 winters but now the wet on the ground soaks through the soles as they are so worn away.  I love those boots  :'(

Hotter are pricey but my favourite for my funny wonky feet  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »

One drop of rain and you are considering boots  :o  ;D

I find they make my legs cold.  DH bought me a few pairs when we were first together and yep, I remember wet look - found a pair of white in an antique centre quite recently which brought back memories.  ::) ………. I would love to wear boots with success but can't drive in them due to the back catching on my calves …….. I had a lovely pair of dark brown which I wore with a 3/4 length tweed skirt for years ………. that was in the 1980s.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

I love boots  :) I am going to wear my ankle boots shortly when I go to pick up my husband from the gym.

Shoes feel restricting on the top of my feet but well fitting boots give my feet room to breathe.

Grumpymum

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »

I've heard the Duo boots are lovely, but very pricy! I tried Ambrose Wilson last year and tried a few pairs. I was amazed how wide the boots were, but they come in different calf widths, you just measure your calf and order the most appropriate. I have wide feet, which were ok, but I thought they also did normal width boots too. I also looked at Evans who had wide calf boots. Somehow, none of the boots seemed right so my search will go on! Always kidding myself that I will lose weight and get back into the boots I have!! Ha! Good luck in your search.

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »

Thanks folks.  There's plenty of food for thought here!
 :thankyou:

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »

Hi, I haven't had personal experience of Duo, though I have looked at their web site. I have to buy all my shoes and boots online as I have very narrow, shallow feet and skinny legs. Generally I have had good service and help with fitting, but it is expensive.

I have only managed to buy boots a few years ago and love them. What I would love is a pair of wellies! They don't make them for my size!

Good luck! Ju Juxx

Grumpymum

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »

I know there is a company called Jileon who do wide calf wellies, friend was very pleased with them. Don't know about narrow calves.