Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dermatitis and itching  (Read 4809 times)

charliegirl

Dermatitis and itching
« on: July 21, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »

Hi all not been on here for while. Had to come off HRT as causing bleeds so now back to night sweats >:( I have had really bad itching and dermatitis rashes as well. Could this be a result of coming off HRT does any body know? Thanks Charliegirl.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dermatitis and itching
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 03:28:52 PM »

As my oestrogen levels dropped so the itching began  ::) - back, insteps, thighs ……. often but not all in the same place at the same time!

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »

I have contact dermatitis and have had for years. It's definitely worse since meno but my skin is generally drier all over.

All I can suggest is cortisone cream when it's at its worse. Don't use scented soaps and slather on E45 if it suits you.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »

…… and ditch that washing up liquid, you know the one that goes on and on and on 'cos the fairies like it  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 03:59:53 PM »

Or use rubber gloves. I would never dare wash up without gloves. My skin would fall off  ::)

Honeyb
X

charliegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 03:50:25 AM »

Thanks for the replies girls. Will go and get some hypoallergenic shower gel. Xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »

Wearing gloves in 1978 made no difference with that particular washing up liquid, until I stopped using it completely my hands were itchy red and looked awful.  No problems since.  A family member reacts to Persil ....... and can't wear wool  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »

As much as I try to protect my hands from any detergents it's on the cloth that you use and I don't put on gloves every time I pick up the cloth  ::)

My hands are a right mess most of the time especially after a morning at mothers as I hand wash a lot  ::)
I don't use antibacterial soap at home as it strips the natural oils from your skin and leaves them very dry.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »

That does depend on which 'make' though Honeybun - I found some lovely hand wash that is much more soothing can't remember the name though so don't ask until I've been to the cloakroom again  :D.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »

Let me know after you have been  ;D

Honeyb
X

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »

Aveeeno skin relief is amazing ......there is a shower wash and then an applied cream I have the extra sensitve one stopped my itching in its tracks on my legs, now only apply very rarely.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »

My skin is drier this week ……..

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 07:19:28 PM »

Dermatitis is awful. You get the dryness, the itching.....then the splitting and tears on your skin. You could claw your skin off when it gets really bad.
I have had this most of my life and what works for just dry skin can cause irritation with dermatitis sufferers.

I have had numerous tests, skin patches...the lot. Basically there are no easy answers.

I can't peel veg without gloves, I can't touch uncooked fish, chicken or meat without gloves...oh so many things that burn my skin.

Cortisone for the bad outbreaks and trying to keep skin supple the rest of the time.

Horrible condition....I can only be thankful it's on my hands and arms and no where else.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »

Do you pack the 'cracks' in the skin as soon as they start to be sore?  I find that paper cuts for example, if eased open and stuffed with Savlon or Vaseline etc. start to heal immediately.  For some of this year healing has taken longer  :-\ so I was wondering if something had happened to my immune system, but this week it's back to normal PHEW!

charliegirl

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »

Have just bought some Oilatum cream to try so sitting here in my undies covered in it, Know what you mean Honeybun you just want to scratch like mad  >:(