Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Period changes  (Read 8443 times)

jedigirl

Re: Period changes
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »

This sounds like me at the moment, word for word, with sore boobs to match. :-\

Angel45

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 12:30:25 PM »

Hi
I'm another one, seems every other month I get a uncomfortable feeling around ovulation and periods have changed from every 6 weeks bleeding for 7 days to around every 28 days bleeding for 3 days, hoping if can sort out symptoms now they won't get hugely worse when they stop

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »

It's "nice" to know that other people are going through weird symptoms too... It seems that I barely had a couple of days around my period without my boobs itching, and now it's already back again. Too weird, really. So maybe that it's what could be expected now, then. Four-five days on my period. Three-four days without itchy boobs and bloating. And then, on day 8 or 9, it starts ALL over again... Itchy boobs, bloating, mild cramps, mucus (not yet, but I expect that soon too...), and so on until the next period. Huh...

But when you read stuff like this, it kind of makes a little more sense:
"PMS symptoms are cyclical and directly correlate with a woman's menstrual cycle.  They also disappear once a woman gets her period.  Not so with perimenopause.

Perimenopause symptoms typically continue throughout a woman's monthly cycle and do not disappear once she gets her period. They are also much more erratic, unpredictable and intense. So much so that many women feel they are losing control or as if they are going crazy."

(from: http://mialundin.com/perimenopause-and-the-emotional-rollercoaster/). I hope it's okay to quote other sources here!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:18:14 PM by 20032003 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »

That is correct for pre-menstrual tension/syndrome - symptoms build up 10-14 days before the bleed begins which relieves the body, however, PMT/S doesn't happen in peri-menopause.  It can continue after because hormones are all over the place!  I had PMT/S and it was AWFUL (nausea was the worse bit) but went once the period began ………..

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

My biggest issue nowadays is that I don't get that nice relief when my period starts. I would feel energetic, happy, light (both mentally and physically), etc. but now the symptoms just go on. I actually feel almost WORSE when my period starts than before my period. And I found another quoute that PERFECTLY describes this: "She emphasizes that when her period starts she does not get the kind of relief from her symptoms that she used to. Now she suffers from crying spells, insomnia, and extreme fatigue during her menses and a week after." I feel more or less EXACTLY like this... Tired, very SAD, depressed, etc. Ugh... :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 05:35:11 PM »

It's awful.  Hormonal upheaval is not easy to live with is it  >:(

Tigger99

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »

My periods have changed completely! I know get a period every 2 weeks and it lasts approx. 2 weeks from start to finish! I have had every test/biopsy going and all came back good so I am putting it down to hormones. I thought periods got further apart not closer together, lol  :)

toffeecushion

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »

My periods have changed completely! I know get a period every 2 weeks and it lasts approx. 2 weeks from start to finish! I have had every test/biopsy going and all came back good so I am putting it down to hormones. I thought periods got further apart not closer together, lol  :)

Mine are very similar to yours.  I am bleeding every couple of weeks and the bleeding lasts 2 to 3 weeks.  It's not really heavy but constant.  I also thought periods stopped, why were we never told? lol

Tigger99

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »

Hi toffeecushion. Yes I thought they were meant to get lighter and further apart but I guess there is no normal during perimenopause!! I have a week where all is fine and then it starts again. It is usually very slight and only when I wipe and can range from pink to slighter redder. I get approx. 9 - 10 days of this and the closer to me period it gets the redder it gets. I then have my normal period which usually tails off after about 6 days, a week free  :) and then it all starts again. I guess hormones have an awful lot to answer for  >:(

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »

Yes before I started HRT my periods changed. Suddenly they got much lighter. I would have a day or so of light brwon spotting, followed by a day if bright red flow (but not heavy). Then a completely clear day followed by another 2-3 days of brown spotting.

I stopped having any cramps and my boobs stopped swrlling and feeling gender. But my PMS would last night through my period and not lift until day 5-6 of my cycle. Then it stopped lifting and just carried on right through for the rest of the month.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »

But my PMS would last night through my period and not lift until day 5-6 of my cycle. Then it stopped lifting and just carried on right through for the rest of the month.

This is definitely the most depressing part of it all, if you ask me... :(
Pages: 1 [2]