Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Off HRT for 4 months, is it still too early to tell?  (Read 1618 times)

paulineh

Off HRT for 4 months, is it still too early to tell?
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:51 AM »

Hi

I' stopped HRT at the end of March because of really severe headaches. I'd been on it for 6 years & persevered but the headaches were debilitating. Anyway I started the AD fluoxetine in May as an alternative to HRT. After the initial side effects  etc things settled.
Until this past week, terrible anxiety, period pains, sore boobs & feeling really low 😔😔
Should I persevere for a bit longer & see if it settles down? Has anyone any experience of this?

Many thank
Paulineh xx

dazned

Re: Off HRT for 4 months, is it still too early to tell?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

Hi its horrible isnt it !
Have you kept a strict mood diary that way you can see if a pattern emerges i,e is it cyclical or just random times ,also note down what you eat yt really helps see the wood from the trees. Hope you start to feel bettter soon

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »

:bighug:  I had period pains throughout my teens  :'(

Anxiety has always been a problem for me.  Is it constant or triggered by events?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »

Hi paulineh

Sorry to hear about your difficult symptoms.

What sort of HRT were you on - that was causing the headaches?

I'm not sure why you have been getting the symptoms you mention since stopping HRT - ie period pains and sore boobs - unless you are not yet post-meno. Are you still having periods? Also if the fluoxetine is not sorting out the anxiety - doesn't sound like it's the right medication for you - I have no experience of Ads but I would have thought they would work within a few days/weeks at the most - and not months. Personally if you are post-menopausal and getting actual period pains I would go to the doctor to get checked out.

Now I've had another look and I think I might have misunderstood your post - do you mean the side effects settled and you have just got these symptoms you mention? If so this could be a period on the way if you are not post-menopausal?  Even if this is the case I am surprised at the anxiety as I thought ADs sorted this out!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »

Gone  :-\