News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IBS??  (Read 6056 times)

honeybun

Re: IBS??
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »

I have tried so hard to like chamomile but it smells like wet socks  ;D and I just can't get on with it. I really must try again though.

Red bush tea is good for digestion too.

Honeyb
X

Miss Lemon

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 08:26:54 PM »

Thanks for that Dorothy. I didn't know that chamomile was good for the digestion. I will give it a try and hope it doesn't smell too much like wet socks honeybun  ;D.

Dorothy

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 10:05:09 PM »

I used to take chamomile for insomnia and had to hold my breath to down it at first.  Then it just tasted 'not bad' and now I actually like it!

I use peppermint tea to help prevent digestive trouble, so you could start with that (much nicer tasting) after a meal to see if it helps prevent your IBS flaring up.  I usually have the chamomile when the peppermint hasn't worked!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »

Colpermine capsules are quicker and easier  ;)
We had a Chamomile lawn for a while - my biggest gardening mistake ever.  Hated the smell.
HATE Red Bush  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »

Trouble with them CLKD is they can cause a really acidic stomach which kind of defeats the purpose.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

Says who?  I swallowed Colpermin almost 3 times daily for 5/6 years ……..  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »

The patient information leaflet. And the NHS site says

Possible side effects of Colpermin IBS Relief capsules
Most medicines can cause some side-effects but not everyone having the same medicine will get the same side-effects.
The following side-effects have been associated with people having this medicine:
hypersensitivity reactions
allergic reactions including rash, headache, slower heart rate, muscle tremor, and balance and coordination problems - these reactions are more likely to happen if you take this medicine with alcohol
burning sensation in the mouth
indigestion
gastro-oesophageal reflux
vomiting
nausea
occasional heartburn - stop taking this medicine and seek medical advice if you already suffer from heartburn and it worsens
discomfort around the rectal and anal area

I didn't get on with at all.

Just shows how different we all are.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 03:35:55 PM »

:thankyou:

However, mine were plain old Colpermin - nowt on the packet to say 'IBS Relief Capsules'

Shows how much info is similar on many preparations though, many of the drugs I currently take has most of those in the leaflet  ::)

It is more likely that the person will be allergic to the outer covering than the product itself.  There's not much in it to cause reactions, particularly nausea, burning etc..  The only issue I had was that my pooh smelt of peppermint  ;D.  I suspect that the problems round the anal area could be caused by someone taking these and having looser motions than usual, that happened to me and I accepted it as 'nature', not the product.  I was advised to swallow them within the hour prior to my main meals.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »

Capsules should be slow release …….. when we first cooked with garlic I had heartburn but persevered
Pages: 1 [2]