Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: cobweb feeling aroun eyes and nose  (Read 7669 times)

carmenaquilina

cobweb feeling aroun eyes and nose
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:19 AM »

I have been on HRT for 2 years but for the last 7 months i have had the feeling as though i have cobwebs on my eyes and nose. I have had a allergy test and it all came back negative.  I was wondering if anyone else has these symptoms and what can i take to clear my eyes as they feel  foggy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: cobweb feeling aroun eyes and nose
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »

That sounds familiar particularly the eyes - mine itch, or feel clogged up or as if there is a film across them.  They often need rubbing gently .

:welcomemm:

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »

I had that feeling down my leg for a while. It was SO annoying. It felt just like I had a piece of thread or a bug there itching me. One day a little while ago I had the same sensation in a particular spot on my head. Nothing there, but the sensation made me keep checking anf touching my head.... Weird stuff....

Briony

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »

I get it on my shoulder. Just like crawling ants. It's a recognised symptom of low estrogen. It has a proper name which I always forget!
Optician told me that dry eyes is another symptom - lack of fluidx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »

Hi carmenaquilina

:welcomemm:

Hope the cobwebs clear....

Briony - it's formication - note the "m"  ;D . It's named after the Latin name for a type of ant  "Formica" (as in 1960's table covering!)

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »

I get it on my back....just where I can't reach to scratch. I drive everyone up the wall asking them to scratch my back....so much so my hubby bought me a back scratcher at Xmas. Now I don't have to ask  :P

Honeyb
X

carmenaquilina

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »

Has anyone heard of tinitis  being linked with  menapause?  Went on a short plane trip and have had loud buzzing in my ears since. I am on HRT  but it doesn't  seem to be working like when i started it 2 years ago. How much more do we have to put up with?  Does it get better or do we just have to learn to live with  this?   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:21:52 PM »

Yep.

My eyes are cobwebby this morning I keep wiping them and have had difficulty when writing a letter with a pen

Sarai

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 01:09:47 PM »

carmenaquilina yes tinnitus is listed on the 34 menopause symptoms but can also arrive for no reason, usually hearing loss.
Type it in the search and you will see moaning posts by me especially regarding Tinnitus as it is worse than all my meno stuff.

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »

I sometimes feel like I have something resting on my head !

And yes I have developed tinnitus and it's getting worse, the worse it gets the less I seem to be able to hear :-(

Is this for life then ?
I've had a good level of oestrogen since being on hrt for years so not sure if it's oestrogen related in my case

Annie xx