Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Pain in bladder/urethra. Help anyone  (Read 45683 times)

Peterspots

Re: Pain in bladder/urethra. Help anyone
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 05:15:55 PM »

Oh sorry. He didn't say anything about it. He just said he didn't know why I couldnt feel it & he was looking for a problem in my back

Judith57

« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »

This really really sounds like mine did at the beginning of all this pelvic pain nonsense. Mine started out with a UTI but now I have damage to the pudendal nerve, I take a low dose of amitriptyline to help with the pain, it is an old fashioned anti-depressant. I hope you start to feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

It can be such a trial getting anyone to understand how pain and discomfort can affect people  :bang: :bang: :bang:.

Rest!

Peterspots

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »

Would the pudendal nerve effect me not being able to feel my bladders full. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that. I had a massage 2 weeks before my symptoms showed up where she wiggled my legs loads it was myofascial so it was supposed to be gentle. Do you think something happened. It would be my stupid fault

Judith57

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »

Yes, the pudendal nerve does affect the bladder as well as other things. Did Maryjane send you a private message the other day, she is an expert on all of this....

Maryjane

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »

The pudendal nerve is the  most important nerve in the pelvic area.......it controls our bladders/bowels and orgasms as I said to you when I private messaged you......most doctors are ignorant to it and what it does......I was talking to a Specialsit a couple of days ago and she said doctors do not realsie how careful they have to be around the pudendal nerve and having a cystoscopy for some can cause real problems.....look up the route path of it.....it goes all the way up our spine to the brain......hopefully if it is that then it has been irritated and will calm down, if it's vaginal atrophy then you will soon know as it will start to get better, the vulva is one mass of pudendal nerve branches so VA is in my opinion the PN irritated by lack of oestrogen.

Your GP is also right to see if it is coming from your back, he was probably thinking L5 area but the Pudendal nerve goes into the pelvis at the sacrum, through and around the vagina/bladder/rectum/urethra/labia/vulva and ending at the clitorise, and going the other way runs next to the sciatic nerve and finishing down the thigh, and it's why when the sciatic nerve gets irritated for some it also irritates the pudendal nerve.

I am afraid I would not expect your GP to know about the Pudendal nerve it just comes under nerve damage, of which a cystoscopy/ childbirth/hysterectomy/horse riding etc etc etc for some of us causes this problem.

Give the HRT vagifem a go.......perhaps amitriptyline and try your best to calm down other wise your central nervous system will go bang........regards physios a bad physio is worse than no physio with this sort of problem as they can make it worse.

Peterspots

« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »

Thank you very much. Makes me feel less mad. i will try to relax but I have found this whole thing devastating.

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »

Rest.  Let the World go by.  If you had a broken leg you would be housebound ……. it may seem a long while trying to get answers but in the great scheme of things, once you begin to feel better and less sensitive down there, Life will slot back into place.

Peterspots

« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »

I see the rest as prison. Maybe see the rest as cup of tea & book :)

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »

Your own prison though  :-\ …… don't you have hobbies?  When I was depressed I sat.  For hours. For 3 months, sitting, doing nowt ……. staring at a wall  :'( so anything I manage to do now is a bonus.  Reading.  Bubble bath with Very Good Book. Sitting in the garden ………. if you can't sit for long, get a lounger  ;) and take advantage of the sunshine whilst it lasts!

Judith57

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »

I can totally sympathise with you Peterspots as you want your life back not to feel like an invalid when there is so much life to live. When all this kicked off with me last year I had to cancel a trip to the Monaco Grand Prix and I didn't have a holiday last year apart from a few days on the Kent coast. I hate the way my wings have been clipped. If you were recovering from a knee op it would be fine as you would know you would recover soon but this is all so unknown....

CLKD

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »

It's like that with pain, I go into panic mood because I don't know how long the pain will continue for nor how much medication is 'safe' to take in order to keep pain at bay.   :-\

groundhog

« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »

Hi Peterspots,

I have read your thread and send my sympathies.  You may have read my thread whereby my bowel perforated during a hysterectomy - long story lots of background :(. I have been left with damage to my bladder and I hate it - i used to take going for a wee for granted now I'm in constant discomfort.  I also can no longer have intimacy . It is devastating.  But I am trying to get on with things as I've been told this can take up to a year to heal and there are no guarantees.
I am sorry and I hope your pain eases soon,  my thoughts are with you xx

Peterspots

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:41 AM »

I am so sorry that happened to you. I can understand the devastation & the intamacy.

I am not coping & I called Samaritans this morning.

I also have nerve pain in my face for 6 months & now this. I feel overwhelmed & I am worried about my dark thoughts. I feel my life has gone.

Paula

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »

Dear Peterspots

Thinking about you so much. Please don't give up on yourself.

I eventually had suicidal thoughts with the intense bladder and nerve pain I had for several months last year. In fact, my doc sent me for short stay in hospital for tests when I said life wasn't worth living any more. I hadn't  experienced a depression like this previously - being down, yes - but this was like seeing life from the bottom of a deep pit. Previous to this, I held down a responsible job, too.

I have two teenage kids and a good supportive husband, who did their best - but I felt bad and guilty about everything, as I felt as if I was a burden to everyone . Not sleeping, couldn't even chat with friends because of the discomfort, couldn't travel - the list was endless.

My probs started with severe nerve pain from shingles ( neck and back ) - but with hardly any rash. Then bladder infection, long courses of antibiotics, bladder inflammation, with low down pain so severe even tramadol didn't touch it ( I was given oromorph in hospital which did tackle the pain, but knocked me out too! )

But I am now well on road to recovery following vaginal oestrogen treatment  vagifem and ovestin - helped along with antidepressant ( amyltriptyline )

There have been relapses during the last ten months towards recovery and during these times I have needed to be very patient. But i am now so much better - I go out, most days no pain ( much less intense ) and am mostly back to a normal life where I can relate normally to my family again. I am learning to cope with stress better - resting, changing my diet, meditating all helped. I view life differently and can now see how intense pain affected and distorted the way I viewed everything and everyone around me.

Look after yourself, keep seeking the  help and support of your family and professionals and don't give up on finding a solution to things. Never, ever give up.

Hope this helps a bit.

Many hugs

Paula x
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13