Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 2042 times)

SJ

Bleeding
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:43:23 AM »

:-\

Not happy. Had a couple of months of shortish light periods and now this one is into it's 8th day and is still flowing. I've had heavier though. The first couple of days were light at first and I thought it was going to go away altogether. Not sure if the first few days of spotting was not the actual start but that it was actually 5 days ago hence why still going now. I'm 44 and the uncertainty is driving me nuts! Is it normal to be so unpredictable? Cancerians aren't used to unpredictability!! Lol

Wud welcome some reassurance 😳

countrybumpkin

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »

I don't wish to make you depressed but if you are going to be like me then perimeno which for started about your age was all about very weird bleeding patterns.  I could go up to 3 months period free and then I would spot for up to 6 weeks and then have a period from hell lasting up to 8 days, this was flooding on a grand scale.  I had endless investigations and I was told that my oestrogen dominence was causing the womb lining to build up in the no bleed/spotting time and then the massive bleeds were my body getting rid of it all which is did as I had a ultrasound the day after a massive bleed session had ended and my lining was very thin so nature was doing its job!
It freaked me out big time as I was always convinced something nasty was happening hence all the tests but it was just natural peri menopause.   
I then got longer between periods and periods just lasting a couple of days and very slight before they stopped completely.
My friend who had the same could not put up with it and she had the mirena coil fitted and this cured it for her.

Just realised I am not exactly reassuring you other than what you are describing is completely normal in perimenopause. 

SJ

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »

Thank u so much for ur reply! It's very reassuring that ur going/gone thru the same thing. At least I won't stress out as much. Thank u x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

Make sure that you don't become anaemic  ;)

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »

I've been the same.  My last two periods have been late but I have bled for 3 weeks each time.  I became anaemic, so keep an eye on your iron levels.  Was told by my gp that it is normal for perimenopause.