Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Confused. When do I next take Utrogestan?  (Read 1475 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Confused. When do I next take Utrogestan?
« on: July 20, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

Been on HRT for the last 4 months with separate Utro on days 15-26.

The first couple of months I finished the Utro on day 26 and my bleed started 4 days later on day 30 and I counted day 30 as day one of my new cycle, if that makes sense?

But last month my withdrawl bleed arrived on Day 25, before I had even taken my last Utro and my bleed only lasted 3 days. So, the day after my bleed finished I counted that as day one of my new cycle. But is this the right thing to do?

It's done the same this month too.  So, when should I really start taking my next course of Utro. Because if I count the first day of my withdrawl bleed as day one, it's going to give me less time on just patch only which I much prefer.

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused. When do I next take Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 10:07:16 AM »

I think you are meant to do a 28 day cycle - so once you finish your Utrogestan the next day is day one of the next cycle.  I don't think it makes too much difference if you are a few days out, as long as you get a good bleed every month.  DG x

Briony

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »

I agree with DG - stick to a 28 day cycle or near enough. When I was in a similar position, I phoned my GP and she advised what DG says. After a few months, I sometimes had no more that a one day dribble - cant really call it a bleed!  Now on Qlaira, for the last two months, I have had no bleed at all, but I still stick to its 28 day prescribed cycle. x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »

Thanks DG. I don't really get a good bleed though. It's quite light really more like heavy spotting. But before I started HRT my periods had got really too.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »

GRL - You're not on a high dose of oestrogen so your bleeds will probably be light. I'm sure all is fine.  DG x