Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Fluid retention  (Read 3350 times)

Sphere27

Fluid retention
« on: July 12, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »

I've been on new hrt for approx 7 weeks. Been good but have fluid retention which is quite uncomfortable. Do you think it will get better if I persevere for 3 months. Other symptoms ok. I'm on livial now after being on few other ones. Was hoping i was doing fine on this!!

Grumpymum

Re: Fluid retention
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »

Hi Sphere27, when I was first went on HRT (elleste duet 1mg) a year ago, I had quite bad fluid retention, my ankles especially were swollen, and a knee injury I had sustained earlier in the year flared up and became swollen again and some RSI I have in my wrists also flared up. After about a month to six weeks these all subsided and it doesn't appear to be a problem now apart from the odd flare up of RSI which might be related to something else anyway.

So I think (and hope) if you stick with it, it will subside too. Good luck.

Briony

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 04:58:01 PM »

Stick with it if you can. My side effects got better after 3 months and all but gone by 6 x

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »

Thanks
Grumpy mum that's exactly same. Knee injury flared up. I will continue.
Thanks ladies x

Grumpymum

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »

Interestingly when I mentioned my knee flaring up to my GP, she said it wasn't related, but the fact the flare up started within two days of starting HRT seemed to me too much of a coincidence. Hopefully yours will subside like mine did. x