Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: new to hrt :-/  (Read 4221 times)

LW44

new to hrt :-/
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »

Hi
i posted earlier last week about starting elleste duet 1mg, as had panic attack out of nowhere.. missed periods hot flushes.. blood tests confirmed peri.. :-/  any way im 9 days in... back at work last week.. hard with anx..but did the week :-).. but... i feel my emotions are all over the place..anx..low..tearful.. angry... arrgh.. i just want to be on an even keel... anyone else feel like this ? and will it get better ? thankyou

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: new to hrt :-/
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »

Yep and yep.  It's about managing symptoms with appropriate HRT which can be Trial and Error  >:(  ::)

Anxiety can be eased with the appropriate anti-depressant/Betablocka and hot flushes can also be treated with an AD. 

Browse the drop-down menus, top of screen, make notes.  You are not alone!

LW44

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »

thank you :-)
im already on low dose AD, have been for years, increasing is not an option for various reasons.  i can deal with the hot flushes and even the panic attacks ! (just about) its the anxiety i find so hard.. my anx is what if i cant go to work or out anywhere..so when i am doing these things i get the panic and anx..
so do you think maybe the hrt is not working / the wrong one ? or is 9 days not long enough to tell ?

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »

Can you try 2mg ?
I started on 1mg elleste solo years ago and within days my symptoms started going (didn't have anxiety) but within weeks they started coming back so doc increased tho 2mg and everything was hunky dory til peri hit (then anxiety did too, although I didn't understand it so never mentioned it)

Thankfully, that seems to have passed but can get the occasional days, it's a horrid, cruel symptom and I think it's way worse than the joint/muscle pains I've also had

Don't suffer in silence like I did, see what can be done

Annie xx

LW44

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

maybe but should i give it a bit longer ? been in this state before and managed to work through it.. its more frustrating now as in a much happier and less stressful place , ended a very unhappy and stressful marriage 4 years ago and now with (soppy i know) my soulmate

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:23:20 PM »

That's lovely you're in a happier place regarding relationships, I feel I've come good too at long last

Most ladies say to give a new hrt/regime 3 months to gauge whether it's the right one or not, not easy when there's distressing symptoms

Annie xx

LW44

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »

Thanks Annie , going to battle through for a few more weeks, although low feelings bad today ! but i know its just because im impatient to get "right" and tired of the struggle.. just been out for a meal so not all bad !  Nice to hear yr in a better place aswell.. its good isnt it ?

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »

Thanks Annie , going to battle through for a few more weeks, although low feelings bad today ! but i know its just because im impatient to get "right" and tired of the struggle.. just been out for a meal so not all bad !  Nice to hear yr in a better place aswell.. its good isnt it ?

Yes I love it (and him) so much
5 1/2 years on and I love him more each day, I've never been lucky enough to feel that in my 2 other relationships

Annie xx

LW44

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »

:-)  were 3 years in and getting married next April.. he has been absolutely amazing through this.. constant reassuring and building my confidence , which i seemed to have lost , when i think 4 years ago i left my home with 2 children and a suitcase.. and went on to build anothet home for them from nothing.. arrgh where has that woman gone ?? x

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:11 PM »

We can talking about getting married but when peri hit me it totally floored me, I'm just starting to rebuild bits of the former me so maybe we will too ?

Annie xx

LW44

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »

we'd already booked when peri hit me.. :-/ although thinking of down scaling it now.. but wont make a decision for another month or so... once ive settled down... if u dont mind me asking what were your symptoms ? x lynne

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 06:09:46 PM »

we'd already booked when peri hit me.. :-/ although thinking of down scaling it now.. but wont make a decision for another month or so... once ive settled down... if u dont mind me asking what were your symptoms ? x lynne

If Peri ?
I was fine (loving life, great social life, petite size 8) quite confident (more than I had been in years) when one day (literally) I got dizzy at work and my heart was racing, and I couldn't remember how to do my work, things got worse, I got weaker and weaker , gum disease started rapidly, I honestly didn't recognise myself and went up to a size 12/14 :-(

They did lots of tests, b12 came back low and was told I had arrhythmia and some hearing loss and my hormone tests were showing peri menopause (I had hysterectomy years ago and been on max oestrogen 16 years) so couldn't get my head round why was it affecting me so suddenly and rapidly ? I'm still not convinced it's fully down to meno

March this year I hit a dip again, tinnitus , heart, asthma very bad , my skin has gone saggy, hair thinning, and I had UTIs one after the other so I was put on vagifem and that cured that and gradually bits of the old me are coming back but I'm kind of prepared (in a way) for relapses.  Terrible crashing fatigue but again last few weeks that's lifted. 

My symptoms are so many to list but they're the ones that have knocked me the most and lost me my little bit of confidence I did have

Annie xx

LW44

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:03 PM »

youve been through it :-/    glad your coming back - so to speak,  funnily enough i was told by dentist i had gum disease about 6 months ago... i also had sudden onset off heart racing - panic... same came out of nowhere...as suffered 5 years ago totally freaked me out -  tiredness i can relate to also xx

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 10:24:51 PM »

It's horrible, and I forgot the hair thinning on my already very fine hair

Annie xx