Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Test and Waiting For Results / Suggestions for what they will do next  (Read 4159 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Test and Waiting For Results / Suggestions for what they will do next
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »

You have come thus far and hopefully are more aware of what does push your memories? 

For many it's the waiting; the worry that we may have been forgotten; the worry that the results might not be what we want and could cause us more problems  ::)

Logicality doesn't enter the equation  ……..  waiting for anything, be it exam results or medical tests can be tiring.  Wanting those results put us back into control too.

How are you spending your weekend?  Not worrying about Monday hopefully  ;)

:bighug:

monkeygirl

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »

Thank you all for your support

I have been to see my GP today. The hospital haven't returned my call or sent me a letter despite saying they would last Thursday. My GP has been really good today though. She has given me a print out of the test results (still don't really understand it) but she has said that the polyps won't need to be removed - which is one less thing to worry about. So the only outstanding thing is the smear test and what they will do next. She has said it is unacceptable about the wait re the response from the hospital. She's told me to ring them again and tell them she has said to ring and she is also going to write and the long wait isn't ok and asking them to arrange a colposcopy so all this can end and be over and done with. so i feel a lot better and reassured now. i'm just gearing myself up to ring the hospital.

CLKD - you hit the nail on the head when you said it is about needing to be in control. i think that is how i have handled things so far in life - the way i regain things is to keep things under control and when that is out of my hands i get triggered. just realising that helped me - so thank you....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 03:22:09 PM »

You are very welcome.  Your GP sounds a gem too, hang on to her  ;)

Let us know what the Hospital decide, can you ring directly to the particular Dept.?
Pages: 1 [2]