Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Being over-considerate to others people?  (Read 11575 times)

babyjane

Re: Being over-considerate to others people?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »

he wouldn't want my phone - it's a big button phone for older folks and I love it.  No internet, no games, no camera, just a phone.  Oh yes and it has an SOS button on the back  :)

Dana

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 02:24:34 AM »

Generally I think that most people just don't realise they are being inconsiderate. They only think about themselves, and to hell with everyone else. I always try to treat people as I would like to be treated, but throughout my life I've been constantly disappointed that other people, including friends, just don't behave the same way. I'll go out my way to be caring and considerate of other people, but it often doesn't get returned.

When it's bin night I will always put my bins out by around 6pm, but my neighbours will always wait until just before they go to bed at around 10pm - and their bins are right outside my bedroom window. It's okay if I'm still watching TV, but if I've already gone to bed it's annoying.

The neighbours across the road (and once again right in front of my bedroom window) regularly have friends over for dinner. They are never noisy during the night, but when it's time to leave everyone stands outside for ages laughing, talking loudly and then beeping their horns as they leave. Why can't they say all their goodbyes while they're still inside?

I don't say anything about either thing, because I don't want to be seen as the grumpy woman next door/over the road, or cause any arguments, so more fool me I guess.

Gill Mojo

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 06:15:13 AM »

Don't even get me started on car horns. The people are standing at their door, waving; you've literally said your goodbyes - I know because I heard you from inside my house, with the windows closed - ten seconds ago, but it isn't enough, is it? You have to blat you horn at least twice, sometimes more as you screech off down the road. You repeat this every week, sometimes two or three times a week. Why? They know you are leaving, they are watching you go!! What possible benefit is there from honking your damn horn??  :angryfire:

As to mobile phones, I swear to the gods, next time someone walks at me, staring at their stupid bit of plastic and expecting me to get out of their way, I'm just gonna walk straight into them. Entitled little ar*eholes  :bang:

Can ya tell I got up in a great mood? :D

babyjane

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 09:12:17 AM »

I feel more intolerant as I have got older but apart from the spat with the neighbour the other week I try to bite my tongue.  However I would just like to feel I matter to someone occasionally.

I detest one sided frindships, you know the ones, where nothing happens and you never see the other person unless you call/text/make arrangements.  So you never know if they really want to see you or are just being polite  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 01:49:41 PM »

I stopped calling people if they didn't call me more regularly and they were off my C.mas card list too  ;)

I've done the waving goodbye from the doorstep but not once I realised that actually, there was nothing more to be said  :D.

Better now Gill Mojo  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]