Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kneeding some advice  (Read 5042 times)

Gill Mojo

Re: Kneeding some advice
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:53 AM »

I have to really look at natural pain relief, CLKD. I've just spent a year fighting against addiction to pain killers and if I take even one it risks my fragile clean state. I'd pretty much have to be dying to risk taking any kind of pain med these days :D

I cycle about as well as I swim - can ya tell I have loathed sport all my life? :D - so I reckon I am going to look into the aqua exercise thing and keep struggling with the weight loss.

toffeecushion

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 06:17:29 AM »

If I put my hands on my kneecaps and bend them the crunching and grating noise is awful, like two bags of crisps. I don't do it anymore I got such a fright when I did it the first time. My neck is the same - a horrible grating noise. I really do need a can of WD40....

I am exactly the same with my knees.  It's worse when I walk upstairs, the noise is horrible.  Just recently the pain is getting unbearable when I go upstairs, to the point where I put off going up.  If I have to take something upstairs I wait till I have lots to take up in one go.  Walking down isn't as bad.  Am at the doctors today and will mention it to them.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

I think you will find that some form of exercise will help.  Refer yourself to your local physio dept, they can point you in the right direction.  I have osteoarthritis in my lower back and was in considerable pain for over a year.  Physio gave me some gentle exercises to do then I took up Pilates, since then I've also joined our local gym and can do some stuff in there as long as it doesn't aggravate my back.
Pages: 1 [2]