Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: On HRT but vaginal soreness back and palpations worse after initially subsiding  (Read 2678 times)

resa4859

:(   Help please
Hi
Am posting for advice again, started on HRT end April as having many problems even tho very post menapausal and initially for the first 3 months I felt great. Palpations virtually disappeared and all other symptoms banished. Am now finding my palpations are back big time ( have been investigated but all ok) and am very sore with burning feeling  vaginally. My lovely male doctor says the palpations are not due to the HRT and advises me to stay on it as makes you feel well!!
Has anyone experienced this...I'm on evoral conti patches and no lower dose available  otherwise would have asked if lower dose would help. Also this last week my atropic vaginitis symptoms have re occurred....can you take both patches and vaginal oestrogen together as noticed my repeat prescription for othogynest has been
 removed
Have made a appointment to see female Dr ( not comfortable seeing my normal Dr)..... any advise would be appreciated.  :'(

dazned

Yes you can use systemic hrt and local estrogen,in fact hrt doesnt help vaginal atrophy the vaginal estrogen does so get it put back on prescription soon !  ;)
Personally I've never found hrt helped with my anxiety,palps,etc.you maybe lucky if it works that way for you. Good luck hope it settles soon for you.

Taz2

You can use both. Just want to say that full HRT does help vaginal atrophy in the beginning and helps to keep the whole vagina, bladder and pelvic floor healthy but as you go further into meno then you may need both products.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Your hormones may be over-riding the HRT too.  Ask for local vaginal treatment to ease symptoms down there ……. do you exercise or do yoga, some ladies find that helps. 

Hurdity

Maybe you might benefit from trying a different HRT type? It looks like palpitations are a common side effect of Evorel conti according to the product info, so this could be due to the progestogen - which is norethisterone. Depends if it is worrying you or not?

You didn't say how old you are or how far into meno but perhaps you could also try a cyclical HRT - eg Evorel sequi - which would give you a monthly withdrawal bleed), and see if that made any difference? Some find a continuous progestogen gives rise to continuous side effects. I can see if you are well post-meno that putting up with a bleed might not be desirable though!

I agree with dazned and Taz about the local oestrogen as well as systemic HRT - I have used both for quite a few years to keep things healthy and help keep VA at bay!

Hurdity x

Dorothy

Have you been able to work out if anything specific is triggering the palpitations?  I have had to cut right back on caffeine and sugar as they both cause palpitations that last for hours.

resa4859

Thanks everyone, had apointment today and had a discussion and examination. She gave me a 3 month course of Vagifem?....2 wk loading dose but wants me to have a break afterwards as on hrt patches. Also on medication for pals which is helping....... don't have caffeine and minimal sugar so no obvious triggers for them. Thankyou every one for the advice and support :)

CLKD

"pals" = palpitations ?  :-\

Why take a break, one can take vaginal HRT with other  ???

resa4859

Hi CLKD.?.yes sorry pals short for palpations, not sure why she wanted me to take a break. Got the feeling she was reluctant to give me the Vagifem as already on hrt......  but she did so that was positive......will report back

CLKD

It is generally OK to use both!  Have a scan through the various threads on Vaginal Atrophy, print off info and take to your GP! If you do a search (button top left) you'll see our comments  ;)  Quality of Life surely?

Grumpymum

Hi, my doctor said to me that as I'm on HRT I don't need and can't have vagifem. At the time I thought that was wrong and asked advice on here. I need to make another appointment to go back and ask for it, taking with me some 'ammunition'!