Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hate going to the hairdressers - do you cut your own hair?  (Read 13922 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hate going to the hairdressers - do you cut your own hair?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »

They used to take my spaniel's hair outside and we found nests full of it! 

babyjane

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »

I'm like Taz2, never permed, never coloured.  The hair on my head is what I was given and it's good enough for me.  I do like to keep it in good condition and like it to look tidy, which is why the static is such a nuisance.  I don't like it in my face either so when I have to start putting grips or combs in it I pop up the road  :)

I would never go to a salon that charged me before I even got in the door.  I used to go to the one my mum went to until my neighbour opened her salon just up the road.  Can walk there in 5 minutes and I get a discount  :)

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »

I've been colouring my hair for years. I started going grey in my 40s and thought then I was far too young for grey hair. I'm very dark haired naturally and dark skinned so I think it would be very ageing for me.

I don't have a problem with trying to improve what I was given, and that was dark hair  ;D

Ive gone a few shades darker recently after years of being dark blond.

I've never really been vain but recently I have felt the need to just try and look....well better I think

Honeyb
X

babyjane

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »

That's fair enough.  Would you continue to be dark into old age though, or would you go lighter.  I sometimes see aged women with obviously coloured, very dark hair and it doesn't look quite right to me x

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »

It's interesting how we each treat the going grey thing differently.
I had very dark hair with pale skin, never used to tan.
Started going grey when I was 21 but the contrast of the grey looked more like highlights, apparently.
I did have a semi permanent (is this the right expression?) colour for about 8 years but stopped when I retired and moved to New Zealand.

I'me happy being grey, it's a sort of pewter colour which looks ok. Anyway, it's just the way I am.
Mind you, I'me very particular about the style of my hair.  Which, strangely enough is one suggested by OH, despite that, it works  ::)

An addition  to the never tanning bit.
When I was about 25 I was crewing on a yacht in Greece and was there for about 3 weeks. I was desperately trying to get a tan, only to be asked by people if I was trying to keep out of the sun  ::) At the end of the 3 weeks, overnight, I went a dark mahogany colour!

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »

I'm nowhere near as dark as I was naturally. That would look awful on me now, far too harsh. I was a very dark brown. I also have a sallow skin tone which tans very fast. I am never white at any time of the year. I have tried to just let my hair be grey but it does nothing for me at all with my skin tone. Just makes me look old and tired.
I am at the moment a lightish ash brown which works well.
I was dark blond for years but again that really no longer suits me.

I don't know what I will do in the future, I certainly don't want the mutton trying to be lamb look. Perhaps my skin tone will change again and grey will suit me.

My daughter never tans Limpy, she goes a little bit pink then back to white, just like her dad. They are both blondes with very very fair skin. My son however is like me, dark skin and dark hair. Think we have a bit of the gipsy running through our veins.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3]