Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Missed Period  (Read 1658 times)

Spangles

Missed Period
« on: July 10, 2015, 06:06:30 AM »

Hi Ladies
I use evorel 50 and Utrogestan 200, my periods have gradually become pretty pathetic but very painful and horrendous PMT.
However this month I have had only a tiny amount of spotting (visible only when I wiped) sorry for TMI, I've had no pain either! I'm not complaining but has anyone else missed a period on HRT? Is it normal? I've been on this regime for around a year now. Do periods eventually stop even when using HRT?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Galadriel

Re: Missed Period
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »

Hi Shellb,

I missed two months on 25mcg Estradot and 10mg Provera. Then I had one last month. I think I read somewhere on this site that monthly bleed preps give a monthly bleed in 85% of ladies - so we might fit into the 15% category depending on what our own hormones are up to.
I got ovulation mucus in this last cycle and horrible boob pain - this only happens when my own hormones kick in. When I was running on HRT only I didn't have any boob pain or signs of ovulation.

Fun isn't it?!

Galadriel x
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:53:33 PM by Galadriel »

Grumpymum

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »

Hi Shellb, I'm on estradot 50 and utro 200, so very like yours. 1st and 3rd months I didn't bleed at all and 2nd month I had a scant brown blood bleed. I experience some mild period-like pain so my GP referred me for a scan to make sure my lining wasn't building up which was done yesterday. I'm pleased to say that my lining was fine and only have a small fibroid which she said was ok too. So maybe we are in the 15% as Galadriel says. Maybe our own estrogen has dropped low now. I think mine has given up and hopefully I can get the GP to prescribe a higher dose to deal with my ongoing symptoms. I shouldn't worry, I think it's fine.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »

Hi shellb

After a few years on 4 weekly cyclical HRT I stopped getting a withdrawal bleed - I was on Estradot and Cyclogest (progesterone pessaries). Now I am on a longer cycle, I do of course get a bleed - but like Grumpymum I also have a small fibroid ( which I hope hasn't got any bigger in the last two years).

If you are taking progesterone then if you have lining to come away as a bleed - you will get a bleed if the prog is at the right dose. It is excessive bleeding and at the wrong times which can be more of a worry because it could indicate that the lining is getting too thick (as well as hormones fluctuating).

Hurdity x

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 09:17:58 PM »

Thank you ladies, I too have fibroids. It has been nice not having a bleed, however I will keep an eye on things just in case.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx