Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hormone craziness??  (Read 7727 times)

Hormone craziness??
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:28:45 AM »

My last 3 periods have been more "normal" again, with strong ovulations (eggwhite mucus, etc) as compared to the fall/winter when I couldn't even tell I was ovulating (I probably wasn't). I had eggwhite mucus on June 26-28, so I'm assuming that I ovulated some time around those days. When can I expect my period to start? It's been two days now when I've thought that it would start. I usually get bigger/itchy/sore boobs and bloating up until the day before my period, and I usually get loose stools the day of my period. Between ovulation and my period my appetite and food cravings are usually increased, and that also changes the day before my period to less of an appetite. I've had all these symtpoms now since a couple of days ago. This morning I even have a weird "vibrating" sensation on and off in my private area. But no sign of a period yet. Just upset stomach and anxiety...

How long is it usually between sign of ovulation and the start of a period for the rest of you? Does it vary a lot? Has peri changed this for you?

Ljp

Re: Hormone craziness??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:43:36 AM »

Hi 20032003,
How old are you? Have you been experiencing irregular periods?
When I was having periods, my ovulation signs (generally low pain) was always about two weeks before my period.
When my periods became irregular during peri, I would occasionally have times when I thought I had ovulated, but no bleed followed.
It can be a very confusing time, as all that has been normal, is suddenly different and unpredictable, and it's worrying and at times sad, that that part of your femininity is changing.
Try not to let it worry you too much, and go with the flow so to speak 😊, you might bleed, or you might not, I had times when I would go a week or more late and then bleed.
There really was no pattern to it during the last couple of years of peri for me

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »

Hi 20032003,

I'm peri too and occasionally get those weird vibrations in the downstairs department - and sometimes they move so it feels like the flutters you get when you're pregnant and you feel the baby move for the first time... fortunately for me, hubby had the 'snip' and I had an an ablation so there's no chance of pregnancy.

Last month I had a show of ovulatory mucus - followed, eventually, by a withdrawal bleed. I had the full sore boobs and food cravings I used to get before all this nonsense kicked off. The previous two months, I had no signs or symptoms at all.
I'm on 25mcg Estradot patches and 10mg/12days Provera.

Peri has changed everything. Nothing is normal... like Lisajp, I just go with the flow now and expect the unexpected  :)

Hope this helps

Galadriel x

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm in peri. I'm 46 years old, so I guess I'm at the "right" age for that. Irregular periods... I think I've experienced that. I used to think that it only meant that the periods were not coming at the intervals that they should, but I've understood that it can also mean changes in amount, etc. So, yes, I think I've had irreular periods in the sense that they have been lighter for quite a while. Coming at regular intervals - 27 to 30 days apart - but not as heavy as they used to be. I've never had super heavy perods though, but during the fall and winter they were very short and light. But since May they seem to have gotten more "normal" (normal for me ;) ) again...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »

Mine sometimes didn't come at all  ::) - but I gradually had less PMT and other symptoms.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »

My period started today. Yesterday I added another "fun" hormone symptom: a pimple/boil on my privates. I get that sometimes. This time I also had weird dreams and nightmares. Anyone else get this during PMS?

2cats

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »

I'd forgotten about the mucus stuff!  I don't get that any more so do you think that means ovulation has shut down for me?  I have estradot patches 50mcg and progesterone pessaries to have a period.  Though this month I had sore boobs for days before I was due to start progesterone again and then only needed 5 nights of pessaries before a period came...strange times.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:02 AM »

I'd forgotten about the mucus stuff!  I don't get that any more so do you think that means ovulation has shut down for me? 

Maybe? Especially if you used to have lots of mucus at ovulation. I don't think all people do, but I've always had it and when it stopped I figured I also didn't ovulate. Maybe...??

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »

Sparkle: I also don't have the "usual" mood changes anymore. I would be depressed and anxious up until my period. Then the cloud would lift and I would be happy, have energy, etc. No more. My period started today and my mood is worse... Sad, anxious, tired :( ...

Otherwise I do think this is a real period. I have cramps and I have had a couple of days of "stomach emptying" (sorry if TMI). I've also slept better last night, which is typical the day before my period starts. Have otherwise had about a week of waking up hot and sweaty during the night plus having odd dreams. Also typical for my PMS.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »

Nothing is taboo, if one wants a topic moved to Private Lives I am sure Emma will help  ;)

I never knew when I was ovulating  :-\

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 01:26:18 PM »

Yeah, the mood thing really does suck... :(  Either feeling bad or worse than bad is not really ideal.... This month my period did come pretty early too - 26 days since the last one. I usuallt have more like 28-30 days between periods.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 01:27:36 PM »

Nothing is taboo, if one wants a topic moved to Private Lives I am sure Emma will help  ;)

I'm okay writing about it. I just don't want to gross people out.... ;)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »

It takes a lot to gross this lot  ;) ……. I could tell a tale or several  ;D

mandy43

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »

the period before last I ovulated but didn't get a period.  consultant said this is common.

dahliagirl

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »

I don't think you have to ovulate to get the mucus.  It is a sign that oestrogen levels are high enough to ovulate.  You can only be sure that it has taken place if you take your temperature every morning and see a drop.

I am getting cervical mucus as I am having a bit of an oestrogen blip - it is obviously the Vag At version; less 'egg white' and more 'rubber band'  ::)
Pages: [1] 2