Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: question ref femosten 2/10 urgent  (Read 2093 times)

pepperminty

question ref femosten 2/10 urgent
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I am starting femosten 2/10 tomorrow and have just opened the new pack. The tablets are a different colour from 1/10. Are the orange ones the Oestrogen only ones at the beginning of the pack? which would make the white ones the combined oestrogen and progesterone ones. the reason I ask is that in 1/10 it is the other way around and the coloured ones are the combined ones . So I am confused. I do not want to take the progesterone bit for 4 weeks by mistake!! Please help
Thanks pepperminty

dazned

Re: question ref femosten 2/10 urgent
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:06:57 AM »

Sorry can't help from personal use but what does the leaflet say it will describe the tablets and tell you which is which .I've never known the progesterone ones to come before the estrogen ones so think it would be that the first ones are what you start with but as I say the leaflet will say.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »

Hi pepperminty

Judging by the info online there aren't any white ones!

This is what it says for 2/10:

Film-coated tablets

Oestradiol only tablets: Round, biconvex, brick-red film-coated tablets with inscription '379'.

Oestradiol/dydrogesterone combination tablets: Round, biconvex, yellow film-coated tablets with inscription '379'

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15925

The patient information leaflet tells you to take the ones marked with arrow 1 first so it should be obvious. Your leaflet should tell you this? Go to section 3 how to take Femoston.
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.2533.latest.pdf

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hurdity x

Marf

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 05:56:22 AM »

Hi, did you take them and how do you feel? I'm suffering so much from anxiety it's ridiculous, I'm wondering if topping up on oestrogen will help xxx

whitestrand

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

I have just finished my first 28 day pack of Femostin 2/10 and you start on the red brick colour and take for 2 weeks and then the yellow tabs for 2 weeks. I went on them because of lack of sleep and crippling anxiety and by day 6 I was sleeping better and the anxiety eased considerably. I had the monthly bleed 10 days into the yellow tabs.........the second day being very heavy. I think that most people would say it takes 6 weeks to see a difference so I'm lucky to be sleeping really well and less anxiety in such a short time. The hot flushes and night sweats are almost gone also :)

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »

Thanks ladies , has bit of a horrendous time at moment and panicked !!
Pepperminty xx