Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 9154 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Citalopram
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »

I don't envy your need to make decisions at all!  If I didn't have anxiety I could perhaps find B&B locally long term.  Monthly rents in Northants/Bucks are from £560.00 PCM ….. the house next door is £1,300 + fees. 

Reading my response late last night made it look as if I'm trying to get rid of you  :-\ but it's your problems I want rid of  ;).  I have never flown due to anxiety; I have problems holidaying in the UK at present and as for visiting family/friends, it becomes more difficult daily  :'( even though I know I have emergency meds to fall back on.

Sorry - thought you were in London, not reading properly was I  :-[ …….. hence the trip to the Capital etc.  ::)

Greenfields

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »

That's okay - I'd like rid of my problems as well!

I saw the lovely Dr this morning and she is very pleased at my progress and we agreed flying back to Canada in July/August wouldn't be a good idea at the moment - so I am going to have to trust that I will be well enough to fly in September when my tenancy expires as I really don't want to renew it - I've lost too much money already and am trying to forgive myself for that as I did not foresee what was going to happen to me when I returned to the UK.

Apparently Citalopram takes 3 months to work for anxiety (it works quicker for depression) - so we ruled taking that one out.  Instead, I am going to take beta blockers daily and see how that works.  I'm going to take 40mg in the morning and then, if I need to, will take another one 6 hours later.  The Dr said that it should helped with adrenalin and anxiety surges. 

She also said that normally she would recommend more rest and not pushing myself (like I did going up to London) but she understood why I was doing it because I'm "between a rock and a hard place" with respect to my housing issues.  She made me laugh as she said that walking down Oxford Street on a Saturday would stress her out!

So I feel more optimistic and positive from seeing her - each time she sees me she gives me hope and she notices the differences in me in terms of my health improving.  I just have to keep doing what I'm doing with respect to exercise, yoga, meditation, diet and trust that eventually I will be well enough to travel by September (or at least feel comfortable that I can given that I have to give notice by mid-August on my flat).

She said she would give me some diazepam as well for when I make the trip - but the body develops a tolerance for it within a week she said so it's not something I want to take regularly - I'll take it to hold me together enough to make the trip in September if my nervous system isn't completely strong enough by then.

This morning I actually didn't have any anxiety which was nice - I think it was because I did extra yoga and meditation last night - so I am going to try and do more of this this week and I am not doing any travelling this coming weekend as the last 3 weekends I've been to Guildford once and London twice and my body needs more rest!

Greenfields

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

I don't envy your need to make decisions at all!  If I didn't have anxiety I could perhaps find B&B locally long term.  Monthly rents in Northants/Bucks are from £560.00 PCM ….. the house next door is £1,300 + fees. 

Reading my response late last night made it look as if I'm trying to get rid of you  :-\ but it's your problems I want rid of  ;).  I have never flown due to anxiety; I have problems holidaying in the UK at present and as for visiting family/friends, it becomes more difficult daily  :'( even though I know I have emergency meds to fall back on.

Sorry - thought you were in London, not reading properly was I  :-[ …….. hence the trip to the Capital etc.  ::)

BTW just came across this site ... might be of help/interest to you: http://www.everyday-mindfulness.org/category/mental-health/anxiety/
Pages: 1 2 [3]