Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Works gone toxicc- feeling suicidal  (Read 9226 times)

ancient runner

Re: Works gone toxicc- feeling suicidal
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »

Do you think the LM is trying to get you out?You might consider taking advice from an employment lawyer and try to get some sort of payoff. Keep records of what happens, and involve HR.

Night_Owl

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »

How awful for you to encounter this.  I do feel for you.

Is there any chance you could be moved to another team / department / area / different type of role?  Is this something you could discuss with HR - or are they closing ranks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:04 PM »

In my experience 'personnel'/'HR' have no idea how to handle personnel or human resources  >:(

Come in Sally!

Greenfields

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

Sally you show strength in being able to reach out and post how you feel on this board - so congratulate yourself on that.  You have strength and resilience to get through this very difficult situation so keep reminding yourself of that.

As others have suggested, I would encourage you to call your GP and get signed off sick in the short term.

If I've read your post correctly, you've kept a record of what's happening.  While you're off sick, if you're able to, write a letter to HR outlining your situation so that they have it in writing.  The very fact that your boss has called your comments "vicious" shows that he is continuing to act unprofessionally in the workplace and is negating the impact of his behaviour on you (i.e. he is bullying you).  It might be helpful to seek some support from the Citizens Advice Bureau with respect to this (if you're not in a union) - I'm sure workplace bullying must be covered under employment law.

If you can (because I know your husband works abroad) have a chat with your husband too - is it possibly to stop working for a while just to give you time to recover before looking at other possible work options?  Do this with the perspective of looking at what is best for you - don't think of it as running away or capitulating to the current situation you are in - it sounds like your manager's behaviour needs seriously addressing by HR.

Sending lots of hugs - xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »

I don't feel I can add anything except to agree with everything that others have said and give you a :bighug:

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »

Did you survive the day eventually?

SallyG

Re: Works gone toxicc- feeling suicidal-update
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 12:48:26 AM »

Hello . I did survive the day but now am worrying about everything. Sorry but don't know what else to say.

Love to all
Sally

Greenfields

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 08:51:44 AM »

Hello . I did survive the day but now am worrying about everything. Sorry but don't know what else to say.

Love to all
Sally

Sending love back to you Sally.  I hope you have a better day today and get to see the GP soon.
Hugs xxxx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »

Love to all
Sally

A lot of good advice above, the key thing is - life is too short to let a job spoil it.

A number of years ago I followed one of my directors when he set up his own business. With the stress he eventually became a huge bully and made everyone's life hell, so much so I got that sinking feeling and knot in my stomach on a Sunday night. Eventually the eureka moment came when telling a friend - "if it's that bad, why don't you just leave?". Ironically as it sounds I hadn't considered that at all. Timing was crap, I split with my hubby a week later (not connected) and as the major breadwinner it wasn't good on the finances but it saved my sanity....and something better soon came along.

What would you want to happen? Do you want to stay in your job, do you enjoy it even?
Can you see a feasible way forward to resolve the situation -  managers always like constructive proposals rather than having problems landing on their desk
Is leaving an option for you, time to try something new?

Try not to dwell too much on the problems but focus on the good bits and how to make those better - in the same way a runner doesn't focus on each and every hurdle, but rather the end point. That's presuming there are some good bits of course? (Salary, location perhaps, comfort...).

If you find the situation untenable, I actually do think going off on sick will only postpone the issue and you're likely to spend the time worrying about it more.

How is your manager dealing with this?

An awful situation for you but I do hope you'll find a suitable resolution soon,

GG x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »

Did you go to work this morning?

Briony

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

Cant add anything that someone hasnt already said, so just wanted to send you a   :bighug:

lancashirelass

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »

Get yourself to an employment lawyer.  Take any emails, notes of.conversations, any wotnesses you can call on get professional advice.  Do not just resign you might have a case. 

donnacrichton

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »

All I can say is I understand fully what you are going through. I had a complete breakdown 4 years ago just before finding out I was peri. My manager did not support me at all but bullied. She managed to destroy all the confidence I had left. I was signed off for 1 year. I had to fight through the union to get my job back. I still struggle every day. I am very lucky that other staff members have been very helpful and I am pretty sure my manager is starting the struggle herself. Give yourself some timeout until you are strong enough to make the correct decision x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »

Sally - it is important to drop by so that we know how you are  ;)

Donna: does having a supportive work group help - is the job the same?

SallyG

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 04:34:59 AM »

Sorry to be delayed in getting back. I spent the day with a friend yesterday in the countryside to try and get perspective.

I have done a lot of what you have already advised. Gone to HR, Union etc.
My boss is uber stressed and feels trapped I think. I feel totally like a second class citizen in the dynamic and it does not please me to say it. I have a HR lawyer friend who helped me construct a script for my back to work meeting which evidenced how my boss had mismanaged my phased return. Also my husband and my sister who have nursed me through this depression/menopausal episode- insisted that I also tell the meeting how I felt in my team and suggesting that I be moved. Using the opportunity to say it all to all of the right people at the same time. I took a risk basically and now my lawyer friend is saying "they will probably" try to get rid of you now". As you can imagine, I am now frantic that I have completely cocked everything up/said too much etc. But I was just asserting myself.
Boss is livid that I have exposed her and is picking at me more. Now I feel that Ive made it all worse.
 SallyG
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:00:48 AM by SallyG »
Pages: 1 [2] 3