Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleep issues  (Read 6675 times)

Hurdity

Re: Sleep issues
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »

It's the "holy grail" because it is the only bio-identical progestogen licensed by the NHS for use as HRT, and as such is much better for us health-wise than synthetic progestogens which is why gynaes prescribe it. It still produces typical pms symptoms in many women ( which is to be expected) and perhaps one or two others as do many synthetic progestogens.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »

Doesn't mean to say it suits us all though....it would be great if it did because I would prefer to put something more natural into my body if I could......sadly I just didn't get on with it at all no matter how hard I tried and I did try. It didn't give me PMS, it did give me dreadful cramp, painful bleeds, and awful sleep disturbances, also a very painful bladder. I was up half the night for a wee.

I am on a half patch of Evorel Conti Greenfields. Its the HRT that I started with at 49 although at that point I was on the sequi version. It worked really well for me but then a couple of years later I tried Utrogestan as it was more...well natural....although not quite  ::)

I persevered for a few months but was very glad to return to my original patch.

We are all so different so it can take a while to find something that suits.

Honeybun
X
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:29:48 PM by honeybun »

Greenfields

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »

Thanks Honeybun - that's helpful to know.  I haven't had any proper bleeds yet since starting HRT for which I'm grateful for at the moment.

Last night I tried my Boots sleep mask for the first time.  It's a pretty poor fitting thing but, it did make a bit of a difference even though I did have to get up at 3.17am for a pee!  So sleeping with the mask and ear plugs does seem to make some difference and I'm going to continue to do this and see how I get on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »

Sometimes when I cross the landing to the bathroom and back I hardly feel I've been awake, other times I wake fully and lay there for hours  ::).  I sleep face down and often scuttle to the bottom of the bed ………. in my sleep  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »

I can get up to go to the loo and hardly open my eyes at all. It's become more rare though.....getting up in the night although I drink a lot....water that is.

I do wake around 7am absolutely bursting though.

Why is it that at the moment if I were to put down my iPad I would fall asleep in an instant but by the time bedtime...around 11:15 comes around I struggle. Sometimes I'm so tempted when I can't sleep to get up and sit in a chair. I've never done it....but it's so tempting as I toss and turn in the pursuit of sleep.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »

So why not Honeybun - blanket, pillow, little dog ………….  ;)

DH is dozing beside me.  I'm not tired yet  ::)

Greenfields

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »

Slept again with earplugs and sleep mask (2nd night doing this). Feel like I am sleeping more heavily - it definitely helps :)
Am going to see how it goes the next few days to see whether this consistently happens.
Still getting up at night for a pee - but only once last night!

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »

The trick is to go back to sleep after the walk across the landing  ;)

I slept heavily again last night with very busy dreams  ::) - then the alarm went off  :o

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »

I am sleeping better since my wonky thyroid levels are becoming more stable  :)
Pages: 1 [2]