Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starflower - yes or no?  (Read 2698 times)

Helen Lilley

Starflower - yes or no?
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted.  Have been taking evening primrose oil capsules, which definitely seem to have helped with my PMT (periods are still regular, although cycle length varies).  I bought some more evening primrose today, and there were also EP+Starflower.  Just wondered if any of you had any experience of taking Starflower?  There wasn't much information on the bottle, so I left them on the shelf!!!

Hope you're all ok & have been able to get out and enjoy some sunshine recently. 

H x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Starflower - yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »

If the Evening Primrose work then I wouldn't add anything to the mix.  I used to give my spaniel garlic and evening primrose oil daily - OK until she bit into the capsule  ;D ……...

Helen Lilley

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »

Lol  ;D

GeordieGirl

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:29:45 AM »

I can't link, so this is the info on Nature's Best:

"Starflower oil is the oil extracted from borage seeds which has been found to have a naturally high level of the precious compound called GLA. This is an Omega 6 fatty acid which is used by the body to make certain hormones. In theory our bodies can make GLA but research on evening primrose oil has shown that supplements of GLA can be helpful for some people, and now many women choose a GLA supplement around the time of their period.

Starflower oil is a very concentrated source of GLA which means that each capsule can deliver more than twice the level of GLA than the equivalent sized evening primrose capsule."

Sounds good to me?

GG x