Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟  (Read 25255 times)

Ljp

Re: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »

Thank you all for your support, I will wait until tomorrow, can't be seen as being some crazy anxious woman!...I remember calling for a swab test result a few months ago, that was supposed to have been back on a Monday after a Thursday test, but that too was delayed.

gilaray

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »

Lisajp
I understand how you feel as I am the same and suffer from health anxiety. Thinking logically its probably a good thing that results are delayed as if there was anything amiss you would have got a call immediately. CA125 tests even if they are raised do not necessarily mean anything bad. I have had a few and they have ALWAYS come back raised, the cause - endometriosis. Hope all is well and you can then relax! xxxxx

Rebelyell

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »

That's interesting gilaray, I am also waiting for CA125 test and am similarly scared stiff as suffer badly from health anxiety.  I suffered so badly from endometriosis that I had a hysterectomy at 40 but kept ovaries.  It has occurred to me that HRT might have stimulated ovaries and caused issues lately, as I read somewhere that you can still get endometriosis after a hysterectomy.   I just have strange feeling/pressure in bladder but it might be wind caused by extreme anxiety and 'worried blladder' as my GP called it!

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting.  There's a lot of waiting with this meno lark isn't there?

Ljp

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »

Thanks ladies, when are your results due Rebelyell?
 Despite all the anxiety this is causing, I still think its best to be checked out, and am grateful that I have a good GP

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »

Of course it's best to get checked …….. do you ring this afternoon?

Ljp

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »

Just called for my blood results and all clear no action required, thats the CA125, normal levels, as are plasma c and liver function....feeling relieved! .....still a bit apprehensive about the ultra sound though

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »

That's good news!  Ultra sound results likely to be OK too.  Do you have a date for that?

BrightLight

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »

Hooray - one investigation ticked off :)

Ljp

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »

no date yet, GP did say it could be up to a month

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »

If it were urgent I think you would have an appt. sooner  ;)

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »

I can certainly relate to weird aches and pains in that area... I have had two transvaginal ultrasounds (March and June) which showed nothing wrong with uterus, ovaries, or anything. In January I went to the GP and complained about my weird toilet habits and rectal pain. Blood tests were done - nothing wrong there. Two rectoscopies, and the only thing found was an old hemmohroid. I also have a rumbly, grumbly stomach. Indigestion that sometimes makes me have looser stooles, sometimes firmer. Gassy. But, really, all these indigestion problems have been with me during my menstrual cycles before. I wonder if perimenopause have amped up the craziness a little...

TS: Have you thought about problems with pelvic ligaments and/or muscles? When I get pains on the right side of the belly button and downwards (toward my uterus), and also back pain in the same area, I wonder if it is a muscle problem? My aches seem kind of "superficial", close to the surface. Also, this is som weird I can barely describe it, but when my rectal pain was bad during the winter it sometimes felt like a "tugging" or "pulling" sensation inside my rectum when I moved in certain ways. I TRIED to explain this to one of the doctors, but I heard how stupid it sounded as soon as it came out of my mouth. Certain sensations/pains in your body just cannot be described, I guess.

I hope we both can figure out what are problems are. Hoping it is "just" hormones going bananas...!

Taz2

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 07:03:46 AM »

Do you suffer from proctalgia fugax 20032003? http://www.healio.com/gastroenterology/curbside-consultation/%7Bbbb8179d-8c12-4b63-b23c-6fd23806b5b1%7D/what-is-proctalgia-fugax

It's a really painful cramping, pulling and sometimes sort of twisting sensation in the rectum. Not nice. I get it but it's linked to fibromyalgia in my case I think.

Taz x

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 07:24:04 AM »

Do you suffer from proctalgia fugax 20032003? http://www.healio.com/gastroenterology/curbside-consultation/%7Bbbb8179d-8c12-4b63-b23c-6fd23806b5b1%7D/what-is-proctalgia-fugax

It's a really painful cramping, pulling and sometimes sort of twisting sensation in the rectum. Not nice. I get it but it's linked to fibromyalgia in my case I think.

Taz x

I don't think I do now. However it must have been what I experienced sometimes in grad school (about 15 years ago ). I would sit in class and my rectum would cramp up so bad that I could barely stay seated... Due to anxiety, I believe. For a while I would also have rectal cramps every time I started my period. I wonder if the latter has something to do with a cramping retroverted uterus? Everything is so close together and a uterus that is tilted backwards might make it evev worse....

Ljp

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »

Thanks 20032003 and Taz2, my pain does shift about, it's always right side ( I did have whiplash some 16 years ago and was at a roundabout looking right at the time of impact)

Over the years I've had neck problems, and about 4 or 5 years ago had chronic pain which went on for months top of right buttock and problem with rib popping out, saw osteopath which didn't really help that much, but did stretches etc and it suddenly went.

This is the type of pain that is back again now, when I wake in the morning, it's a dull ache/burning around my right hip, and into buttock sometimes it moves up a bit to my right side, and other times, like yesterday, it goes to my mid back (still right side) where my lower ribs are, and it's a burning pain when it's there. Even my shoulder blade feels sore. I feel like right side of body is more forward than the left.

I do think hormones are influencing it, but also my activity levels and work. For 8 years I worked with dogs, in hydrotherapy, which involved lifting. Now for the past 4 years ( all during peri) I have taught 4 fitness classes a week, and 5 hours of dancing too.
I have been going to yoga once a week, and did so regularly until my holiday a few weeks ago, it was on my return from holiday, and back to work, that the pains started up again, hadn't been a problem for the 10 days away. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to yoga for a few weeks, went back last week, and now today is last class before her summer break.

I do think there is hormone involvement too, as anxiety is a major problem for me, I take kalms tablets to try and help when it's bad, don't want to go along the Medes from Dr route really, as health anxiety is the worst for me, along side social anxiety. Weird that I am able to get up I front of a class to teach, yet when it comes to just being me in a social environment I get in a tizz about it! I also get episodes of IBS it was cyclical when I had periods, but now seems worse when anxiety is high, I have foregut (right side) issues, with fast transition, meaning rush to loo fairly quick after eating, again I only take OTC buscopan for that, or use probiotics and slippery elm

Apologies for length of message, just wanted to try to explain all my issues, although I am feeling relieved about blood test results, I'm still aware that subconscious is getting in a tizz about ultra sound

Ljp

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 07:36:45 AM »

20032003 I also have retroverted uterus, and used to suffer bad cramps around mid cycle x
Wonder if it's all related?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4