Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟  (Read 25256 times)

Marf

Re: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »

I had it exactly as you say but in the left side, like a burning pain, it was so weird, is it my bottom, my back, my side at front, if I poked about it was mostly at the top of my hip and moving round to the front (like if you put your hand on your hip and squeezed). It's aching a bit now but I'm not as bothered as I was as I've seen the scan. Try not to panic (easier said than done!!) 😘😘 thinking about it now, my anxiety levels were mega high at the time too so maybe it's all linked 😬 xxxx

BrightLight

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 10:07:06 PM »

Hi Lisa
I can understand your health anxiety, I get it too, I lost my mother and my father suddenly and I'm not very good with sitting in the unknown.  Sounds like your logical brain is trying hard to manage the worry brain and I hope that you get some reassurance tomorrow. 

Your doctor sounds like they are being cautious which is good if you have symptoms that could be various things and you are getting concerned about it all. A scan in 4 weeks suggests to me it isn't an urgent referral.  I hope you feel better soon on both the physical and the anxiety fronts. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »

"he is probably fed up with me worrying ….. " has he said as much?  My DH would be hurt if he thought I assumed that he was 'fed up' etc. without my asking him directly.  NEVER assume anything! Assumption has cost me dear in the past  :-\ when I got 'it' wrong  :'(

He may be worried too and may like to talk to *you* about it!
I had that kind of pain deep behind my hip bone, I would squeeze and it would go away …….. probably bowel related in my case, anyway it went …….. what do you take for the IBS?

BrightLight

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »

I meant to say that I had a really terrible pain in my hip/ovary/pelvis/groin back in January, it is what took me to the doctor along with a period that was spotting for days.  The pain felt to me like ovarian pain that was radiating, I was bloated, my digestion went haywire and then I got a pain in my back, it was awful.  The locum wasn't much interested and sent me for blood test for thyroid and hormones - my FSH came back high and noone mentioned the pain and said I was perimenopausal and that was that.

I have not had the severe pain again, but I have had this stiff, aching, burning pain almost on top of my hip/sacrum area and have done some release stretches and it eventually goes - I have noticed it is cyclical and have put it all down to hormones.  Is the pain you have showing any sort of pattern with a cycle, despite not actually having a bleed anymore?  It could be that you still have hormone activity going on but not enough for a period?

Just thinking out loud really, I think it's best for your anxiety to follow up with the checks and at least that will eliminate a few things.

Ljp

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 06:22:53 AM »

Thank you bright light and Marf, I am trying to be logical about it, and I am ok at times, it's just whenever there are tests involved, I get myself in a spiral of anxiety, the feeling they are looking for something sinister, just sends me into meltdown.

In my logical mind, I feel it's more likely to be muscle related, it comes and goes, it does seem worse when I'm not active, and often wake in the morning with the ache from sleeping, so now questioning my mattress

I don't know how I will react if my blood results show elevated ca125 levels, I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

CLKD I have have spoken to my husband about my fears, he is very supportive and is trying his best to understand my journey through the hell that is menopause, he also knows what an insane worrier I am, and how I think every health concern indicates that I must have cancer
My husband had very similar symptoms several years ago, and had ultra sound scan etc, all clear and nothing to worry about. Hoping mine is the same.

It's that horrible scenario where I need to know, but don't want to know unless it's nothing, then I will be fine, but dont want or know how to face it if it's not ok

Marf

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »

Good luck with the phone call xxx let us know what they say xxxx

mandy43

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »

ovary pain is usually very low down, behind your hip bone.  Where you are describing sounds more like gallbladder pain.  It radiates through to your back and can be excruciating.  When I was very overweight I suffered alot with it.  I am really confident you are going to be ok... I'll keep everything crossed for you xx

SueRoe

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »

I've had something similar to this on and off for years and years. It turns out it's constipation - can be surprisingly painful. Does it go away or reduce after you've had a poo? Our bowels are influenced by our female hormones (surprise surprise) which explains a lot of pre-menstrual discomfort.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »

Not much longer to wait.  What is it you can't 'deal' with exactly?  What is the worst that could happen?

Ljp

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

Just called Dr, blood test results aren't back yet have to try again tomorrow!!
what could that mean?

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »

Bugga!  Did you tell them how worried you are and why not give them a ring-back to find out why the delay?  Probably due to Bank Holiday or a Consultant being busy or away who needs to see the result ………..

BrightLight

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

How frustrating for you, I don't think it means anything particular. Slow Monday after a sunny weekend? If you  think you are going to put negative meaning into this and worry yourself I'd ring again and just ask if there is a particular reason, maybe tell them you are anxious as CLKD says
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:21:16 PM by BrightLight »

ancient runner

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »

Another one here with the left-side stomach pains - ended up having an ultrasound which found nothing (and no sign of the ovary on that side either which kind of supports Mandy's idea about the ovary going out with a bang?) Had this for a couple of months early this year... and then it just went...

Marf

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »

I wouldn't read anything into it at all, frustrating but just delayed xxx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »

Do give the GP a ring though and tell them how this is impacting on your anxiety!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4